It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The end of January approaches, yet it’s only the beginning of the year... A time for big dreams, hope, and comfort! So, check the GOG’s New Year Sale and tackle a few gaming milestones thanks to over 2500 deals up to 90% off! Here are some notable examples:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-60%)
The Witcher 3 - Game of the Year Edition (-80%)
Cyberpunk 2077 (-50%)
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Mythic Edition (-20%)
Metro Exodus - Gold Edition (-63%)
BIOMUTANT (-50%)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition (-66%)
Control Ultimate Edition (-70%)

The New Year Sale comes also with two great releases that you should definitely check:

Gas Station Simulator (-25%)
XCOM®: Chimera Squad (-65%)

The GOG New Year Sale is your occasion to start off the year on the upswing, explore and dare, but remember, you only have until 31st January 2022, at 2 PM UTC!
BanditKeith2: I have and best I can describe it as if one takes Fallout 3 or perhaps Fallout New Vegas and mix it with Skyrim and add a dash of space sci-fi to the mix.. Blend it together and you got Elex
Sounds interesting! Can the player save at will? Or are there checkpoints?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_gog_has_left_the_offline_installers_outdated_for/page1
IronArcturus: Has anyone played ELEX?
Know one Piranha Bytes game, know them all! They've been making the same kind of game since Gothic. The formula may see tweaks over time, but overall it is still the same.
BanditKeith2: I have and best I can describe it as if one takes Fallout 3 or perhaps Fallout New Vegas and mix it with Skyrim and add a dash of space sci-fi to the mix.. Blend it together and you got Elex
IronArcturus: Sounds interesting! Can the player save at will? Or are there checkpoints?
If I recall right its a yes and no thing.. by the I mean if I recall right one can save anytime so long as its not when having hostiles after one .. But otherwise yes.. Granted again its been sometime sense I played it .. I either could be misremembering or a update might have changed that

Also just wondering why do you ask? Is like checkpoints and save at specific points that big a deal breaker for you? I mean if so its a odd thing as alot of games anymore have checkpoints and save at specific points after all ..though the only thing I understand as a decent understandable deal breaker is when a game has controller support given UI's for games often gets minimized and simplified quite abit as a result
IronArcturus: Sounds interesting! Can the player save at will? Or are there checkpoints?
No checkpoints. (There may be an option to set autosave at set intervals?) Save at will anywhere you please.
low rated
wolfsite: Heard a lot of mixed opinions on XCom Chimera Squad, nice that it's here but will need to look into it more.
Swedrami: Story, narrative, characterisation and dialogue is where it's really bad, reportedly.
WUT? The characters and dialogs in this game are great. The main story is pretty basic though.
Mr.Mumbles: No checkpoints. (There may be an option to set autosave at set intervals?) Save at will anywhere you please.
That's good! Also, I've read that the game doesn't have key-mapping. Is that still the case or was that fixed?
arrua: Is Conglomerate 451 good? I like the aesthetics, but I´ve been reading reviews on steam and some say that it is very repetitive and lacks content. That, and the fact that it is a Unity engine game worries me.
You shouldn't worry about the Unity engine - the game works fine, it's not Re-Legion that has hundreds of units. Complaints about repetitiveness and lack of content are legit though.
I just don't know what to say about this sale .
I love this sale banner <3

And thanks for the Chimera Squad - instabought :D
low rated
that xcom game is so meh , and has too much LA influence
Played it for a couple hours, didn't like it. The game has a very clunky feel to it, like wading through a pool of gelatin. These days, I am allergic to jank, so you might fare better.
high rated
With all the complaints about GOG curation lately, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you. Gas Station Simulator looks like a perfect example of it. It seems to have significantly more polish and higher production values than the mountain of garbage with "simulator" in the title on other stores.

I'm also going to get another game from my wishlist, so thank you for the surprise sale.
arrua: Nice sale. :)

Is Conglomerate 451 good? I like the aesthetics, but I´ve been reading reviews on steam and some say that it is very repetitive and lacks content. That, and the fact that it is a Unity engine game worries me.
You should be safe, as it's not open world, but then again, Architect: Paris's frames did not get higher than 45-50 in the fuckin' in-game menus as the devs were too damn stubborn to optimize their game, and instead blame the end user for the shit performance... surprise it was made on unity.

So as a unity game, it depends on just how aggressively their asset culling techniques are and if the devs are willing to fix the inevitable performance issue when it yet again rears its ugly head... and yeah, it's a rogue lite, so starting from the beginning every time you die is repetitive by default, which is why I avoid them altogether.
If you played risen, it's pretty close to that one, 'cept the English voice work is atrocious, thank fuck for the much better Polish voices!
Post edited January 24, 2022 by TZODnmr2k5
Quite surprised at the sale. Wonder if devotion will be on the menu for Chinese New Year sale (if it happens lol)
Post edited January 25, 2022 by Niggles