It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
phaolo: except for secondary social features.
Which seem to be super hyper crucially important for most players outside the forum. For whom, offline-ness and disconnection would butcher the game ("mah acheeeeevmeeneents", etc).

I have the impression that the level of online dependancy is quite high in the players' heads.

Theory : the customers themselves are DRM'ed, nowadays. Making the DRM-free point moot.
high rated
As I said in the other thread about these social features, profiles should have been opt-in from the beginning. Still good to see that we finally got an option to disable our profiles completely. But the account tab linking to the activity feed page (now giving a 404 page) after disabling my profile is annoying. Please make it the way it was before.

Also the individual privacy settings for profiles are broken. When I caught the other thread by chance I had changed mine to the most private state possible at the time but checking my profile today I saw that it was like I had the default settings. Don't know when that happened (when the disable profile setting was added?) but apparently my data has been treated as public for a while now even though I had changed my settings ahead of time so they remained private. Please fix it and do thorough testing when changing things around.
Freaked out a bit with facebook option (when will the people learn of its stupidity and total disregard for privacy) and the fact that I had to enter the two-step security code for some reason. Haven't checked GOG in a while, and while the profile is an interesting feature, I don't really care about it.

Now can someone fixes the forum (in the next update), random topics i never visit are greyed out and it's all very confusing. Doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not, deleting history and cookies doesn't help either. It's been happening for months!
Post edited May 10, 2018 by 00063
00063: Now can someone fixes the forum (in the next update), random topics i never visit are greyed out and it's all very confusing. Doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not, deleting history and cookies doesn't help either.
Those random, greyed out topics are probably downvoted. But I agree, can be confusing at times..
00063: Now can someone fixes the forum (in the next update), random topics i never visit are greyed out and it's all very confusing. Doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not, deleting history and cookies doesn't help either.
mike_cesara: Those random, greyed out topics are probably downvoted. But I agree, can be confusing at times..
Thanks for clarifying that, guess it's not a site bug.
mike_cesara: Those random, greyed out topics are probably downvoted. But I agree, can be confusing at times..
00063: Thanks for clarifying that, guess it's not a site bug.
Not at all, it's a feature ; )
you're welcome!
Post edited May 10, 2018 by mike_cesara
00063: Thanks for clarifying that, guess it's not a site bug.
mike_cesara: Not at all, it's a feature ; )
you're welcome!
Downvoting should be fixed because negative numbers should stick at -1 to show the rep. is negative, -1 will do fine. there's no need for -100000
Post edited May 11, 2018 by gamesfreak64
mike_cesara: Not at all, it's a feature ; )
you're welcome!
gamesfreak64: Downvoting should be fixed because negative numbers should stick at -1 to show the rep. is negative, -1 will do fine. there's no need for -100000
Of course it should be fixed. The Paygate would be enough to prevent bots from down/uprepping accounts but I'm not going to start that war again ; p
gamesfreak64: Downvoting should be fixed because negative numbers should stick at -1 to show the rep. is negative, -1 will do fine. there's no need for -100000
mike_cesara: Of course it should be fixed. The Paygate would be enough to prevent bots from down/uprepping accounts but I'm not going to start that war again ; p
True... and war is never fun ( maybe only in a game)

I found this video on youtube while looking for old fallout 1+2 videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amtsN-NRqwM
Why Fallout Isn't Fallout - 20th Anniversary Analysis | Interplay vs. Bethesda's Fallout

the guy is right, basically the developers 'killed' the classic game (1 and 2)as we know it by switching to 3d/fpp shooters (which is wrong cause fallout type games should stick to the orginal type: never make it a 3d shooting game)

Anyway more fallout disaster games will arrive soon and more to come , so it would be great if someone could create games like the old fallout games were developed, (no fancy 3d/fpp no shooter but a good rpg).
Take your time to watch the video the man is right about fallout 1 and 2 beiing the best games fitting the post nuclear game setting....seems good games arent being developed anylonger cause 99% of todays releases cant compare to the classics like fallout 1+2, baldurs gate 1+2 and any other games like them ( commandos 1+2)
phaolo: except for secondary social features.
Telika: Which seem to be super hyper crucially important for most players outside the forum. For whom, offline-ness and disconnection would butcher the game ("mah acheeeeevmeeneents", etc).

I have the impression that the level of online dependancy is quite high in the players' heads.

Theory : the customers themselves are DRM'ed, nowadays. Making the DRM-free point moot.
Classic gaming is done from the privacy of the old room: the gamer and his pc/console, all that social media is meh ( i think thats what they call it).

No social media for me ( FB and the likes) , and a forum doesnt count as social media to me cause its different its all about discussing games , giving/asking for tips, suggestions.

Social media like FB is media where all they do is talk about the weather, how are things ? what lovely things they bought ( women) how fast their cars and bikes run (males) and more 'chit chat'.

Anyway Steam has 90% of the users always asking for achievements: "no achievements, no buy" they write ,
which makes it look like 75% of the users are aged between 13 and 17 ( which doesnt mean adults dont ask for achievements (myself not included).
gamesfreak64: the guy is right, basically the developers 'killed' the classic game (1 and 2)as we know it by switching to 3d/fpp shooters (which is wrong cause fallout type games should stick to the orginal type: never make it a 3d shooting game)
I don't see it that way. For me Fallout was defined through the setting: That grim post-nuclear war wasteland combined with witty dialogue and this "scifi of the 50's" silliness.
I can only compare the original games to FO3 since I haven't played NV yet and didn't have a look at FO4 either. But IMO they captured that feeling pretty well in some places, while falling flat in others.
What I found lacking was some of the darkness contained in the setting. Killing children (with consequences!), prostitute yourself (if you're a gal) or prostitute your wfie (if you're a guy), becoming a drug addict and dying horribly of radiation poisoning (with graphic description of the process...)... FO3 felt "toned down" in many places.
Other stuff worked really well, the whole setting was really good with a lot of environmental storytelling. And IMO wandering the wasteland is a lot more atmospheric in 3D and first person.
gamesfreak64: Anyway Steam has 90% of the users always asking for achievements: "no achievements, no buy" they write ,
which makes it look like 75% of the users are aged between 13 and 17 ( which doesnt mean adults dont ask for achievements (myself not included).
I think you mistake the "vocal" users for the whole user base. Of course people who want something tend to speak out. The people who are content with things (which may be the vast majority) stay usually silent.
Post edited May 12, 2018 by toxicTom
high rated
This whole 404 situation is ridiculous. GOG, get your shit together. This is a store with nearly 2,5k games and I don't know how many thousends of customers. Are you kidding me?!?
toxicTom: I don't see it that way. For me Fallout was defined through the setting: That grim post-nuclear war wasteland combined with witty dialogue and this "scifi of the 50's" silliness.
I can only compare the original games to FO3 since I haven't played NV yet and didn't have a look at FO4 either. But IMO they captured that feeling pretty well in some places, while falling flat in others.
New Vegas is absolutely a sequel to the first two that honors them and what made them special in every way. Unless you absolutely require isometric turn-based combat New Vegas is as much a Fallout game as any, and probably the closest thing to a modern Black Isle game we'll ever get.
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is absolutely a sequel to the first two that honors them and what made them special in every way. Unless you absolutely require isometric turn-based combat New Vegas is as much a Fallout game as any, and probably the closest thing to a modern Black Isle game we'll ever get.
It's next on my RPG todo list. Would you recommend mods, or playing it vanilla?
toxicTom: It's next on my RPG todo list. Would you recommend mods, or playing it vanilla?
I can't recall using any mods other than Darn's UI. Next time I play I might use a basic texture pack, but nothing major. The game was pretty excellent after a few patches IMO, barring normal open world bumps.