It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
What the hell, GOG! I've set every option to the most private value and even have cleared my friends list. And you still show private information, the number of games, achievements and hours played on my profile page?
high rated
eiii: What the hell, GOG! I've set every option to the most private value and even have cleared my friends list. And you still show private information, the number of games, achievements and hours played on my profile page?
Yeah, I was just wondering about that. There seems to be no option to opt out of letting others see how many games you have, how many hours you've played and such.

BAD GOG!
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Leroux
mk47at: Same as the support page. You only have the option to choose “praise” as topic for new support messages…
HypersomniacLive: Wait, what?
Wow! I can't even see that. At all. The site is blank after "Submit a request" header and only has the footer below that point. Presumably they are hosting parts of their support service on a server from my blacklist now (like google, facebook, amazon and sh... stuff.)
high rated
Jeysie: People are sitting here filling the thread about how a 100% voluntary option that does literally nothing but show what games you own and have played and forum into that's already public, and is an option that Steam and most other gaming venues have had for a long while now, and a feature that a large number of people asked for, means that GOG has betrayed them and violated their privacy in horrific and unforgivable ways they want to delete all their games and retain a lawyer for.
Yes, people do react as if their most intimate privacy had be violated and all their moves are now being monitored and sent right to Cambrige Analytica, while it's just their number of games (and time played and achievement if they use galaxy, but if they use galaxy then complaining now is about as ridiculous as complaining about facebook privacy abuse).

But no, it's not a 100% voluntary option, precisely because it shows info that's not already public, and because this display is compulsory. And no, it's not even something that Steam already has, because Steam profiles are not obligatory.

So your apology of this system is as dishonest as the hysterical outrage is ridiculous. It's not the end of the world, it's not the end of all privacy, but yes it's imposed information sharing, and this is enough to deserve criticism. Especially on a website that was presenting itself (long ago) as an alternative to the internet social integration trend (which is the most common customer-side justification of DRM).

So, get off my high horse.
high rated
mqstout: We need far more granularity on the privacy settings. I'm locking them down.

I want people to be able to see my achievements/etc, but I don't want them to see *when*. Or have game time logs... I don't want Galaxy to track "hours played" (and I want to clear the data already there), and I certainly don't want that displayed.
This. ^
I was not against introduction of profiles personally. But the way this have been implemented, I am not going to use them.
> Provide ways to completely hide one's profile if they wish to do so, and preferably by default.
> Provide more granular control of what to make public or not :
--------- I may want to show my number of acievements but not playtime, or the opposite or none of them. I should have control over what is displayed.
--------- Don't display the number of total games owned, if the user doesn't want it. Provide an option to selectively show the games owned, in a showcase manner. In short provide more control over what they want to make public.
> That these "feeds" contain things like at what time has a particular user launched a game, is something I find very annoying and invasive too. [EDIT: looks like it only shows when a user first starts a game and when they complete certain playtime "milestones", still annoying though] Currently, it looks like I don't have any control over what is shown to me in the "feed".
> The lack of an option to view how one's profile would look like to other people [a friend or another non-friend GOG member or someone on the internet] is something that should have been there in the first place.

I hope you will listen to the issues raised by people here.
For the time being I am not going to use it.

EDIT: The only thing I like at this moment are the profile backgrounds.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by bhrigu
HypersomniacLive: Wait, what?
HeartsAndRainbows: Wow! I can't even see that. At all. The site is blank after "Submit a request" header and only has the footer below that point. Presumably they are hosting parts of their support service on a server from my blacklist now (like google, facebook, amazon and sh... stuff.)
You need zendesk and associated crap to seen the page and google scripts and frames and gstatic scripts to send a message.
MIK0: I think as usual they'll wait for thing to settle down and become less relevant, that how usually they handle things. As much as this matter is important it is unlikely that users will post for days about it. At some point they'll stop doing it and GOG could cover it up.
RainbowDragon: Yes, unfortunately you are right. With some issues they (gog) seem to try to just sit them out. And yes, they CAN wait before they answer us.... for approximately 1 month now. Then the new EU privacy and data protection laws (and gog.com is a European company) will come into effect on May 25th and can be enforced by customers and with a simple complaint. This may create a lawsuit for them that may cost them a fine of up to 20 million EUR or 4 % of their annual turnover, whichever is higher.
I'm starting to think that that would be for the better. Maybe they would listen at this point. Expecially if some users would add a temporary boycott of GOG purchase on top of that.
The profiles look pretty slick.

The privacy settings need more adjustments.

This thread is hilarious.

That's all.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by CARRiON-XCII
KnightW0lf: well this is going to be diffrent and it's opposite of gog most people on steam who are low levels 0-5 with private profiles are most likely scammers, as for trade scams there usually after your ingame items like tf2, cs-go items. even with 100s of cards you will most likely be ignored unless you have like 500 cards then you might get there attention.

the whole trading system is done in there inventory so someone can buy a gift and keep it in there inventory those on steam you can actually hide
Pheace: Agreed that an 'aged' profile lessens the chances of someone being a scammer.

Buying Steam Gifts of games for trading later is a thing of the past though, that's not possible anymore. You can now only gift directly and whomever receives can only accept the gift, instantly activating it on their account or decline it at which point it'll be refunded to the person who originally bought it.
If that is true I am certainly out of the loop. What I recall from long ago matches what is described here, but I admit this info might just be outdated. Whatever.

Either way, it doesn't matter if Steam does it or not. If they don't that is great, by doing it GOG sets themselves apart from Valve. Above. Better (at least in regards to this feature). It'll also be good PR over how GOG protects their customers against scammers.
The fact is that a GOG Key Trader is the kind of feature that is useful with no drawbacks, thus no reason not to implement.

OTOH what is the usefulness of having profiles showing other people our data? If someone I trust asks me how many games I own or what game I've been playing lately they can just ask me and I can tell them. Or choose not to. I never needed a social network to do that.
high rated
Couldn't be bothered to read through 21 pages but can I bypass this profile junk and not be forced to have it?
high rated
Jeysie: People are sitting here filling the thread about how a 100% voluntary option that does literally nothing but show what games you own and have played and forum into that's already public, and is an option that Steam and most other gaming venues have had for a long while now, and a feature that a large number of people asked for, means that GOG has betrayed them and violated their privacy in horrific and unforgivable ways they want to delete all their games and retain a lawyer for.
Are you this dense? It's not a 100% voluntary. That's what people are complaining about. Before you showed nothing. Now your profile shows your total games/achievements/time played without the ability to hide it.
high rated
Can we please have a setting so that clicking on your username goes to the Games Library page like it used to? I couldn't care less about this activity feed, and having to use the drop-down menu is a little obnoxious.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Marioface5
I cannot even open a support ticket to remove these private information from my profile page as I would have to give yet another random web site access to my GOG account. Well done, GOG!
Post edited April 23, 2018 by eiii
mk47at: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other

Look at the “Problem type” box. You can only select “kudos/positive feedback”.

There is no option for “negative feedback”.
If you need "negative feedback", you can choose "Account" and then "Other website issues".
low rated
They finally did it, I've been waiting for this for so long! As everything GOG announces it came with a few stupid decisions that ruin the thing for the vocal minority, but that's nothing new really. Hopefully they fix this soon so we can all enjoy the new profile pages.