It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
gogtrial34987: Your username most certainly is personal information according to the GDPR. Even if a single username doesn't uniquely identify a single person, most people user a very limited number of usernames, and most usernames are used by a very limited number of people. This means that a username makes it nearly trivial to identify the person behind it when combined with other data sets, and that's explicitly a scenario covered by the GDPR, as that's exactly what all the large data brokers do in reality.
Gersen: That's the thing, even a real name alone does not constitute always a "personal data" by itself so I doubt username is one by itself ("by itself being the important part):

You might think that someone’s name is always personal data, but it’s not that simple, as the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office explains:

“By itself the name John Smith may not always be personal data because there are many individuals with that name. However, where the name is combined with other information (such as an address, a place of work, or a telephone number) this will usually be sufficient to clearly identify one individual.”

source: https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/the-gdpr-what-exactly-is-personal-data
nice example : John Smith :D ( Pocahontas)

John Smith (explorer) - Wikipedia
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(explorer]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(explorer[/url])
Jump to Encounter with Pocahontas' tribe - Smith's version of events is the only source and skepticism has increasingly been expressed about its veracity. One reason for such doubt is that, despite having published two earlier books about Virginia, Smith's earliest-surviving account of his rescue by Pocahontas ...

low rated
People are seriously crying over a public GOG profile?

Jesus, get a grip. Your personal data is already available in a dozen places, with GOG definitely having the least information.
high rated
Chiteki: Actually, I don't really care about three numbers on top of my private profile, they mean nothing without additional info.
It doesn't matter if you personally care. To iterate: Nobody but you has the right to even see that data. And that "additional info" is called metadata, and nobody knows how much metadata about anyone is already floating around. That means that even if our tiny minds cannot, after five seconds of thinking, come up with a way to use that data, someone, somewhere, probably already has. I mean, there are programs out there that can reliably connect data points just by the way they were typed out - because our typing rhythm is apparently about as unique as a fingerprint.

Though, as said, connectivity through metadata is not even the issue. The issue is that our contractual partner is giving out information they have neither consent nor right to give out.

Chiteki: I'm just saddened to see how unjust people can be for the most miniscule things. Yes, for that, you can indeed call me naive.

I was of much, much higher opinion of this community. My own expectations and false assumptions betrayed me.
Just because this is a miniscule issue for you doesn't mean it's a minuscule issue for everyone else. If anything is oh-so-melodramatically "betraying" you, it's your very own lack of ability to consider other points of view as valid.
PortalShifter: People are seriously crying over a public GOG profile?

Jesus, get a grip. Your personal data is already available in a dozen places, with GOG definitely having the least information.
...and around and around we go.
KomaruKirinashi: Really disappointed to hear this. The thing I loved most about GOG is how disconnected and DRM-free the platform has been. Galaxy was all right, a single client program to manage my installations is helpful. But this social thing is too much. I used to support GOG for being much more like an old retail shop: I could go in, buy my game, and that was the end of the transaction. No profiles, no rewards cards. Now it's turning into an ECOSYSTEM, which is saddening.

Really hoping you folks hear the users on this and roll back this decision.
I think it's here to stay, the only thing they can do now is put in more privacy settings.
Gog can't afford to stay stagnant, and user profiles and Galaxy is going to big for their upcoming games.
As long as games are DRM free and their games can be played offline then I'm fine with whatever they decide to do.
high rated
Chiteki: Those sound like situations from some kind of soap opera. But maybe those are real problems for some.
Nevertheless, those are valid poins, even if somewhat a bit unlikely.

Still, this outrage is a little overblown. And I had to go and stuck my unpopular opinion just in the middle of it. First time I'm on forums. Maybe I shouldn't have X)
Also keep in mind that the problem isn't merely the nature of the statistics, but the fact that they're out there to begin with. Which changes the relevant question to my mind.

If people were outraged about the choice to display them, sure, you'd have to ask why shouldn't you have that choice, what's the harm?

That's not happening. The outrage is about the display being mandatory (and other problems of similar nature). Surely you'd have to ask what's the benefit of doing it this way? The burden of justification here is on Gog, not the customers complaining about it.

To be honest, personally (and I might be mistaken here) I don't deem that info incredibly sensitive myself. The fact that my opinion on that matter, the matter being something that should be purely within my control, isn't even relevant right now is what is - in the context of an online store - absolutely ridiculous.

Furthermore keep in mind that this is what Gog is at the end of the day: an online store. If they want to go down the Steam path and be a bit more than that, that is well within their right, but this thread demonstrates that there is a somewhat substantial amount of customers who have no interest in that, at least if they are personally affected by the implementation of those features. So they complain about it, so the problem can be resolved. Now you might disagree with the way some people voice their complaints, fair enough, but I'd imagine Gog isn't bothered about that.
As long as there's noise, the customers are still here. Right now that's not something that should be taken for granted.
high rated
I have no problem with profiles. I think they're kinda cool for people who want them. What I don't like is GoG's half-assed implementation where they screw up the privacy of those who don't want public profiles. The opt-out instead of opt-in isn't ideal but I at least understand. Not being able to hide all your info is just plain stupid though.
high rated
I know this isn't the biggest problem with the profile system, but apparently the thing is very bugged.

According to "recently played" sorting, I have recently played "Ultima™ Underworld II".

I do own that game, but because of a huge backlog, I have never actually played, or even installed it. I have never used, installed, or even downloaded GOG Galaxy, so where that guess about it being recently played comes from? It's neither the first nor the last game I have bought or otherwise added to my games.

It can't even be completely random, because in the top 20 "recently played" games, there are 10 games from the Ultima series.

Does this make any sense?

Now, let's suppose that I actually wanted to use this profile for something (I really don't...), what would a wrong, randomly generated game list be good for?

Also, why does this profile thing have a different sorting logic than the account page? On the account page the sorting options are completely different!

Please give us an option to hide this profile thing from other users, and if possible, also an option to hide it from the user him/herself. This really isn't something that we need.
high rated
Not really surprising they went for it, but they should have set everyone's settings to private at least.

SpiderFighter: ...and around and around we go.
yup.... A merry-go-round go we go
this might be more fun for kids who always ask if they can have another round ... and after too many rounds ... burrrpp
out it comes and the parents have to clean up :D

Anyway not everyone shares the same thoughts which is a good thing cause the world needs different opinions and replies otherwise we would be robots instead of human beings.
Every community has its users who would go with the flow without asking or even thinking they just follow because so many do it... not me... i have a mind of my own and intend to keep that until i go to the spirit in the sky
(Spirit In The Sky Norman Greenbaum) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI

or Gareth Gates - Spirit In The Sky version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgs7ERjC7A

enjoy the song :D
gogtrial34987: Yeah, true, fair enough. I can freely talk about "John Smith" in a random sentence without it being PI. But of course here we're talking about John Smith who is a gog.com user, who owns 2067 games, and whose number of played game hours went up by 12 yesterday. And that is PI.
It's more information alright, but by themselves those information are not enough to identify this person. But again that's my interpretation, you have your own, and that was king of my point, just because something seems to be a personal information that it will necessarily be, maybe lawyer specialized on GDPR knows for sure but otherwise it mostly conjecture.

Can you tell us what those "dozen places" are where our information is "already available"?
low rated
PixelBoy: Please give us an option to hide this profile thing from other users, and if possible, also an option to hide it from the user him/herself. This really isn't something that we need.
You can already hide it (i.e. the list of recently played games, list of games, etc...), the only thing you cannot hide is the total number of games / achievements / hours played that appear at the top right of your profile.
high rated

people like you enjoy being slaves and say to the other slaves "oh c'mon! this house is nice!"
high rated
PixelBoy: Please give us an option to hide this profile thing from other users, and if possible, also an option to hide it from the user him/herself. This really isn't something that we need.
Gersen: You can already hide it (i.e. the list of recently played games, list of games, etc...), the only thing you cannot hide is the total number of games / achievements / hours played that appear at the top right of your profile.
IOW, you can't hide it.
And if you click your own username, it doesn't take you to your game shelf, it doesn't take you to your account settings either, it takes you to something called "activity feed". And there I can see that somebody whom with I have traded games in the past has started playing some game two months ago.

What good is this for? And does that person (whom with I traded only once, IIRC) really want me to know that he started playing a certain game two months ago? Even more so, shouldn't MY username show ME information which is most critical to ME?

I repeat, we should be able to hide this thing completely, from other users, and from our own eyes too.