It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
low rated
deleted
RainbowDragon: OK fellow GOGers, I have been away for a while and now tried to read up what I missed in the last few hours.

Obviously
- some of you have received e-mails (I did not get anything from gog)
- and maybe even answers to their support tickets (my ticket remains without reply since I have created it)
- and finally there is still no change to the options of the privacy settings of my account.

So I now have to assume that they (gog) really believe that they CAN get away with this. Now this calls for a little revolution and beside the great support of you all in voting for the privacy feature request
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
I would like to take this one step further. How many of you would like to tell gog.com (in some cases again) that from now on they will not buy ANYTHING anymore from gog.com until they have changed the privacy settings according to our request?

For lack of a fakebook page (I don't use that) or other social media please let's start counting right here in the forum where gog can watch their customer base dwindling away. Just add +1 to below number and let's see how far we can carry this, thank you:

#Number of users who will not buy from gog.com anymore until gog.com respects our privacy
#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter
#4 jorlin
So who's #2 :-)? #3? And so on...

OK the first numbers have been added, thank you!
RainbowDragon: OK fellow GOGers, I have been away for a while and now tried to read up what I missed in the last few hours.

Obviously
- and maybe even answers to their support tickets (my ticket remains without reply since I have created it)
- and finally there is still no change to the options of the privacy settings of my account.

So I now have to assume that they (gog) really believe that they CAN get away with this. Now this calls for a little revolution and beside the great support of you all in voting for the privacy feature request
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
I would like to take this one step further. How many of you would like to tell gog.com (in some cases again) that from now on they will not buy ANYTHING anymore from gog.com until they have changed the privacy settings according to our request?

For lack of a fakebook page (I don't use that) or other social media please let's start counting right here in the forum where gog can watch their customer base dwindling away. Just add +1 to below number and let's see how far we can carry this, thank you:

#Number of users who will not buy from gog.com anymore until gog.com respects our privacy
#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter

I'm in... Profiles are great but lacking high privacy settings...
And +1 for lacking a facebook account... =D

#5 monsieurcaillou
Post edited April 25, 2018 by monsieurcaillou
Vainamoinen: Well, evidently, all is right in the legal world of daily privacy invasions. :( So maybe the "EU will sue you GOG" angle could be abandonned altogether, as it is, my apologies, quite silly. This has never been a legal issue.

This has always been a moral issue.

The stance towards DRM free and the stance towards privacy are not separate. They are one and the same thing. You either have customers that give a shit about this kind of maybe antiquated, maybe outdated, maybe obsolete, maybe irrelevant freedom.

Or you don't have these customers.
This. So very much this.
RainbowDragon: - some of you have received e-mails (I did not get anything from gog)
Neither did I.

RainbowDragon: For lack of a fakebook page (I don't use that) or other social media please let's start counting right here in the forum where gog can watch their customer base dwindling away. Just add +1 to below number and let's see how far we can carry this, thank you:

#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter

Obviously you can add me to the list, in fact I believe the #1 spot belongs to me as I was the first to make that pledge yesterday.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Breja
low rated

Obviously

#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter

Feel free to stop posting in the forums too! So GOG can realize their mistake, make them regret.
Vainamoinen: Well, evidently, all is right in the legal world of daily privacy invasions. :( So maybe the "EU will sue you GOG" angle could be abandonned altogether, as it is, my apologies, quite silly. This has never been a legal issue.

The stance towards DRM free and the stance towards privacy are not separate. They are one and the same thing. You either have customers that give a shit about this kind of maybe antiquated, maybe outdated, maybe obsolete, maybe irrelevant freedom.

Breja: This. So very much this.
RainbowDragon: - some of you have received e-mails (I did not get anything from gog)
Breja: Neither did I.

RainbowDragon: For lack of a fakebook page (I don't use that) or other social media please let's start counting right here in the forum where gog can watch their customer base dwindling away. Just add +1 to below number and let's see how far we can carry this, thank you:

#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter

Breja: Obviously you can add me to the list, in fact I believe the #1 spot belongs to me as I was the first to make that pledge yesterday.
Thank you jorlin and monsieurcaillou and of course Breja!

I have no ambition to be #1 on that or any list, I just want gog to respect our privacy and would not like to assume to place anybody an a list without them saying so. Therefore please accept my new update:

#1 Breja
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter
#4 jorlin
#5 monsieurcaillou
#6 RainbowDragon

By the way in the meantime I have had the possiblity to read that page
https://www.cnet.com/news/gog-debuts-profiles-feature-users-flip-out/
and although the text is short and kept mildly criticising, still very polite to gog.com

And it's nice that they even have included the privacy feature request :-)
ranhg: Feel free to stop posting in the forums too! So GOG can realize their mistake, make them regret.
How's the weather in Falcón?
RainbowDragon: Thank you jorlin and monsieurcaillou and of course Breja!

I have no ambition to be #1 on that or any list, I just want gog to respect our privacy and would not like to assume to place anybody an a list without them saying so. Therefore please accept my new update:
I was kidding :D It's absolutely of no significance to me where you put me on that list :D I'm just glad you're making it.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Breja
ranhg: Feel free to stop posting in the forums too! So GOG can realize their mistake, make them regret.
SpiderFighter: How's the weather in Falcón?
Sunny, not a single cloud in the sky.
SpiderFighter: How's the weather in Falcón?
ranhg: Sunny, not a single cloud in the sky.
Excellent. It's rainy as hell here. I could use some sun.
Vainamoinen: The stance towards DRM free and the stance towards privacy are not separate. They are one and the same thing. You either have customers that give a shit about this kind of maybe antiquated, maybe outdated, maybe obsolete, maybe irrelevant freedom.

We don't agree very often I think.... but ^Word.
RainbowDragon: Thank you jorlin and monsieurcaillou and of course Breja!

Breja: I was kidding :D It's absolutely of no significance to me where you put me on that list :D
I know, thanks :-) and it really matters not (for me) where in the list I find myself. For all it's worth we can give away random numbers and add people up and downwards at both ends of that list as long as we get a fair number to make their stand until gog finally comes to their senses and sees that this whole affair is not only damaging their reputation but may also hurt them in a financial way.
No, we'll post walls of text to clutter the forum and take up valuable bandwidth (and TinyE will post Gigabytes of awesome Lego pr0n). That'll teach them...
RainbowDragon: I know, thanks :-) and it really matters not (for me) where in the list I find myself. For all it's worth we can give away random numbers and add people up and downwards at both ends of that list as long as we get a fair number to make their stand until gog finally comes to their senses and sees that this whole affair is not only damaging their reputation but may also hurt them in a financial way.
Well I wish they'd hurry up about it. There are a few games in this week's sale I really wanted to grab! :D

We'll need a sign here, GOG folks, preferably quickly. One that says you stand by the values that have always been your USP and as of right now have ceased to exist.
True words...and I do not concur often with Vaina.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by Arundir