It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
iRevolt: 404 is private enough.
gamesfreak64: If the code is secure enough in a 404 page and the code is also secure in a custom made page then it would only be a 'visual' difference and if code is secure enough everything should be safe.
I like the 404 page a lot, because just from that link/url you don't know if that user exists and has disabled the fucking profile page or if there is no such user. Much more private (to me) than a page saying "user xyz has disabled his profile shit".
bler144: 404 is the more secure option.
The problem is that it's 404 also for the account owner..
low rated
deleted
phaolo: The problem is that it's 404 also for the account owner..
I'm confused. Why do I need or even want to see my own profile?
Post edited May 06, 2018 by bler144
high rated
bler144: I'm confused. Why do I need or even want to see my own profile?
Some people want to. They want their profile turned off publicly. Sometimes, people want things you don't.
paladin181: Some people want to. They want their profile turned off publicly. Sometimes, people want things you don't.
I get that - but if you disable your profile...what would be on your profile?
I like it
:)
high rated
Put me down as another one who'd have some use for his own profile P R I V A T E L Y.

I'm fine with the 404, though. And I don't really mind if GOG never fixes it. It's better than sharing ANY information without my express consent.
Maybe you don't, but I do :P (mostly for achievements)
The privacy block should pertain others, not also myself. O_o
If you want to stop any gaming info towards Gog, you can just avoid Galaxy or disable various options from it.
Post edited May 06, 2018 by phaolo
paladin181: Some people want to. They want their profile turned off publicly. Sometimes, people want things you don't.
bler144: I get that - but if you disable your profile...what would be on your profile?
BACKGROOOUUUUUUUUUUUNDSS

(they are awesome)
bler144:
Telika: BACKGROOOUUUUUUUUUUUNDSS

(they are awesome)
there is no Larry.
Telika: BACKGROOOUUUUUUUUUUUNDSS

(they are awesome)
tinyE: there is no Larry.
Only zuul ?
tinyE: there is no Larry.
Telika: Only zuul ?
No Dana either.
And it;s not a true 404 page anyway since it;s missing the noindex command.
drmike: And it;s not a true 404 page anyway since it;s missing the noindex command.
It has a http 404 status code, which will cause any search engine to forego indexing just as well, and is really the only thing necessary for a "true" 404 page.