It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: and it comes with a self-update utility as well :)
MikeMaximus: Thanks Judas, I didn't know about the self-updater.
Yes, it's quite handy :) No more waiting for the package maintainer to update it :)
shmerl: Did anyone have good experience with running Rebel Galaxy in Wine? I consider buying it, but reports in WineHQ aren't encouraging.
I haven't ran it in the latest version of Wine and the last time I ran it was in Wine 1.7 something or other and I had some crashes but again it was some really old version of Wine. The good news is that the game has a DX9 mode :)

I'll have a whack at it soon though to see if anything's changed :)
Game: Zenith

Installer MD5:

dcc51b8ef347e348b4ab1dbf739c4efc setup_zenith_2.0.0.1.exe
d057f67eeadfcd6f4d60885e2a0710de setup_zenith_2.0.0.1-1.bin

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.4-1-ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.19
Install notes:

Make a clean 32-bit prefix if you don't already have one and disable d3d11 in Wine's configuration menu.

How well does it run: Nearly perfect but I did not test controller support so YMMV on that particular issue. The logo movie launches way off center for some reason but the main game displays on your monitor correctly. I suspect this may be an issue with other movies in the game but I am not sure.
Details:

I played from the very beginning and now I am in some ruins. Saving is console-style "save at this crystal thing" and that also works. I did not see any graphical glitches in the game.
JudasIscariot: ...
Gydion: War Wind needs some love. Wine iccvid needs improvement, s'il vous plaît.
That's a bit beyond me, sorry. Since the bug is reported hopefully someone from the Wine dev team will fix it :)
Post edited September 30, 2016 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: ...
Gydion: War Wind needs some love. Wine iccvid needs improvement, s'il vous plaît.
I am going to try something with my Wine tree on that component. 99% sure it won't work but at least I will know for science's sake :D
JudasIscariot: Since the bug is reported hopefully someone from the Wine dev team will fix it :)
Gydion: Hence the request.
JudasIscariot: I am going to try something with my Wine tree on that component. 99% sure it won't work but at least I will know for science's sake :D
Gydion: No worries. I only expect complete success.
And my experiment was a complete failure. The code compiled but it didn't really work so it's back to waiting until whatever's broken with iccvid gets fixed by someone who actually knows what they are doing :P
Klumpen0815: Has anyone tried Requiem in Linux?
https://www.gog.com/game/requiem_avenging_angel
TaxAkla: Just tried and can't make it run. Neither 3dfx or 3D3. :(
I've set 95/98/XP. Installed d3d9, d3d compiler.
Wine 1.9.20 and Linux Mint 18.

No luck, so far.
It's also the subject of two bugs in WineHQ's Bugzilla: https://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=Requiem&list_id=402721
Klumpen0815: Has anyone tried Requiem in Linux?
https://www.gog.com/game/requiem_avenging_angel
adamhm: The 3DFX version crashes and I've found no way to get that working so far, but I did manage to get the Direct3D version running after adding an override for ddraw (native, builtin). I've also had to set MouseWarpOverride to force as it doesn't capture the mouse & the "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" setting doesn't fix it. It's probably worth setting compatibility mode for Win98 too just in case.

It seems to run well apart from some slight stuttering but according to GOG there's a bug with the Direct3D version:

In the Direct3D version, there is a game breaking bug at one point of the game. The bug occurs in a hotel area, when you go to speak with the character, Elijah. Speaking with the guard is supposed to trigger a dialogue, which results in opening the doors, however, due to the presence of this bug, the event has a high probability of not occurring. This bug is present in the Direct3D version of the game ONLY.
adamhm: Although I played up to meeting Elijah a few times (loading a savegame after the first time) and didn't encounter any problems. I've never played the game before though so maybe the bug occurs later on?
I am not sure if this is the case but you may be working around the bug with your setup. IIRC, it's effects can be seen almost immediately but don't quote me on it :)
adamhm: I just tested with Wine 1.8.4 and 1.9.20 and it still seems to work with those versions here.
Well, not to be a stickler, but the latest stable Wine is at 1.8.5 or was this a check to see how far back one can go and have the game still work?
Post edited October 16, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Odallus - The Dark Call
Installer MD5: e82f2380b0fed4f2de62db4fdd98217d setup_odallus_the_dark_call_2.5.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17036
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.7.6-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-1
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.20 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: None
How well does it run:Almost Perfectly
Details:

*The screen will flicker in a split-second in each screen load, beside the main game.

*The opening sequence will be out of focus, thus you need to Alt+Tab back to it so the controls will work.

*Tested with Virtual desktop and CSMT enabled as well and no major issues has been found.

*The gamepad will cause the game to crash at the warning screen.

*Further levels weren't tested. Only the 1st level of the game with the keyboard.
What error message do you get from the crash if the gamepad is plugged in?
JudasIscariot: What error message do you get from the crash if the gamepad is plugged in?
Spy_Gentleman: The "Program Odallus.exe found a serious problem and must end the process. Sorry for the inconvenience." one. I've installed xinput and dinput. Still the same error.
Ok, but what do you get in the terminal? Usually, a component like xinput or dinput will give some error message in the terminal :)
JudasIscariot: Ok, but what do you get in the terminal? Usually, a component like xinput or dinput will give some error message in the terminal :)
Spy_Gentleman: Here's the PasteBin from the Terminal:
http://pastebin.com/BFxQBEW1
It does not mention about broken NVIDIA RandR and the address when the gamepad is disconnected.
You may also want to let POL know about this little tidbit:

/usr/share/playonlinux/lib/scripts.lib: linia 1006: lsb_release: nie znaleziono polecenia

Looks like one of their scripts is missing something (nie znaleziono polecenia = command not found for non-PL speakers :) )
JudasIscariot: You may also want to let POL know about this little tidbit:

/usr/share/playonlinux/lib/scripts.lib: linia 1006: lsb_release: nie znaleziono polecenia

Looks like one of their scripts is missing something (nie znaleziono polecenia = command not found for non-PL speakers :) )
blakstar: Looks like lsb_release is not installed -- the command returns information about the distribution.
Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: FOUND THE ISSUE. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
Hmm, I'd recommend trying the game with the controller plugged in and no winetricks overrides and see what happens. You may have found a bug that should be reported but it needs to be tested on a non-POL version of Wine since WineHQ does not support running Wine via POL :)
JudasIscariot: -snip-
Spy_Gentleman: Tested on non-POL Wine without winetricks overrides. The gamepad issue is there. But the game works without it.
Interesting. I'll have to check the game at home myself so I can see what comes up in the terminal :D