It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Urnoev: Well, GOG offers a Linux version of The Witcher 2... which is just using a Wine wrapper, if I'm not mistaken.
eON wrapper actually Ganni1987 already mentioned :)
Post edited January 09, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: ...
Gydion: Can you confirm this Caladrius Blaze result? Is it the same engine as Raiden IV and does it work in Wine?
I just updated to Wine 2.0 since the code freeze is done and I made a fresh prefix, installed the game, and ran it.

So far I am getting a black screen after the initial logo splash screen. I can hear sound, interact with the menu (I can tell I am doing something since I get audio cues when I move something around) so, for me, Caladrius Blaze does not work in Wine properly.

edit: I just checked Raiden IV and it no longer works in the latest Wine version. I am running a regression test now and hopefully the 1.9 series of Wine will actually build because Wine 1.7.24 keeps bugging out on me when I try to compile it.
Post edited January 25, 2017 by JudasIscariot
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run The Witcher 2 in Wine lately? Not that it's strictly needed, since there is VP port, but I tried it recently just to test, and it crashes on startup.
Do you get a specific error message when it crashes either in the backtrace or the terminal output?
JudasIscariot: Do you get a specific error message when it crashes either in the backtrace or the terminal output?
shmerl: To clarify, it actually hangs rather than crashes. Here is what I see in the log: http://pastebin.com/raw/Gp7CKE1x

It shows a black screen and a white cursor, plays the beginning sound for a second and then hangs. Are you able to get further into the game?
Try "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" to get rid of those HLSL parsing errors....
shmerl: Perfect! That helped with hanging, though now the text in the game looks all messed up. Interesting thing is, the game worked fine without d3dcompiler_43 before, and there was no this text glitch either. I suppose it's some regression in Wine.
Gydion: IIRC, they actually changed how those DLLs are forwarded. Technically I don't think they would consider it a regression. The text issue could be with a too new version of Freetype if you have the needed fonts.
They did change how those DLL's were forwarded. I believe there was a commit about removing forwards from one of the DirectX DLLs but I'll be damned if I remember which one ...
JudasIscariot: ...
te_lanus: tried diluvion?
Yes, it runs almost perfectly if you disable d3d11 in Wine's configuration utility. There is one flaw and that is when you go to the map you won't see the names of the landmarks you have discovered. Also, controller support doesn't work out of the box so it seems to require some tweaking.
king_mosiah: Has anyone been able to get the Hyperdimension Neptunia games to run in Wine 2.0? They're gold rated on WineHQ but haven't been tested on anything newer than 1.7, so I'm hesitant to pick them up until I know.
Which one you want checked exactly?
JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
This step is no longer necessary as the issue that was causing the crash has been fixed in Wine 2.1: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41623
Post edited February 04, 2017 by JudasIscariot
king_mosiah: The first one would be fine.
Gydion: The first one. By the way bug 40767 may be a race, wasn't paying close attention, and possibly dependent on what GLX your drivers or the calls the app uses? Not actually sure.
Funny thing is that if I don't install any winetricks, I can click on "New Game" and I get the intro scene BUT when I start the game via terminal it opens up two windows: one for the game and one for the intro movies...

If I install any winetricks the game becomes a crashfest...
Gydion: Meant to ask, have you tried building Wine 1.9.3 again to see if Raiden IV: OverKill works in it? I realize you have a different GPU, drivers, libs, etc and for all I know the game has been updated since.
I actually ran a regression test from Wine 2.0 to 1.7.24 and nothing came up, I tried rebuilding 1.9.3 and nothing changed. Only when I went back and downloaded version 1.7.24 from Arch's wayback archive did the game display the graphics properly.

Link to version 1.7.24 for Arch: https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/w/wine/wine-1.7.24-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
Post edited February 05, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Treasure: Geneforge 1
Rixasha: Hey, nice! I gave up on this a couple of years ago because a part of the text on the right was always cut off. Glad to see that it works now.
That bug has been fixed since Wine 1.9.17: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26365 :)
JudasIscariot: I actually ran a regression test from Wine 2.0 to 1.7.24 and nothing came up, I tried rebuilding 1.9.3 and nothing changed. Only when I went back and downloaded version 1.7.24 from Arch's wayback archive did the game display the graphics properly.
Gydion: If you build 1.7.24 yourself does it work or is it only that old Arch build that's compiled with some static libs?
If I build it myself by just using the make command, it doesn't work. If I install that particular version for Arch, it works.

Oh and I even went to Wine 1.8 via Arch and that too doesn't work so I have no idea where the regression lies...
Post edited February 08, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Wine Staging 2.1 adds CSMT support for D3D10/11: https://www.wine-staging.com/news/2017-02-09-release-2.1.html
JudasIscariot: If I build it myself by just using the make command, it doesn't work. If I install that particular version for Arch, it works.

Oh and I even went to Wine 1.8 via Arch and that too doesn't work so I have no idea where the regression lies...
Gydion: Could be a driver issue. How difficult is it to try older drivers or even nouveau for testing?

Also, out of time. Will likely update some hours from now.
I was using the same driver for the Arch version of Wine 1.7.24 and 2.0/2.1, though. As for switching drivers in Arch...I am not sure.
Post edited February 09, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: I was using the same driver for the Arch version of Wine 1.7.24 and 2.0/2.1, though. As for switching drivers in Arch...I am not sure.
Gydion: Actually before you play with that I wonder if this may be somewhat related: Civilization III Complete shows black terrain (Wine compiled with OSMesa support) also uses OpenGl.
This is my terminal output when I run either Caladrius Blaze or Raiden IV. As you can see, it doesn't match the output in the bug report you linked and I *think* Wine on Arch was always compiled with Mesa support so it makes no sense to me why 1.7.24 would work but later versions wouldn't :/
shmerl: I'm testing The Witcher 3 in wine-staging 2.1, and now the starting menu works without corruption when CSMT is enabled. But I never managed to get any intro videos, and there aren't any obvious errors in the log either. Can anyone please confirm that intro videos work (or also not work)?

The strange thing is, I saw people claiming that intro videos are working they didn't use any overrides. If find it confusing, since it never worked for me. I'm using RX 480 / Mesa 13.0.3 (same happens with mesa master really).

If it works for you, and for example you have an Nvidia blob, may be it's Mesa related?
Doesn't work for me and I have no overrides listed in winecfg and I use the proprietary Nvidia blob on my machine.
rampancy: Sigh. The rainbow textures bug is still present in Xanadu Next under vanilla WINE 2.1. Maybe wine-staging 2.1 has a fix...
It doesn't, I already tried :)