It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
And just how does one disable "Microsoft Xbox-360 (event)"? I don't exactly see this when I run winecfg...

edit: found it.

For those not in the know, in order to disable Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) you have to do the following:

Run

$wine explorer.exe

in terminal.

Once the Wine Explorer window opens up, click on "My Computer", then "Control Panel" , then "Game Controllers" and there you will see the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) that you would need to disable.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by JudasIscariot
immi101: on that note:
I read that 1.9.21 supposedly fixed the longstanding bug that prevented "The Longest Journey" from working in wine.
iirc we had talked about that problem here some time ago
might be time to give the game another try ... :)
There's still another bug though :P

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31278
This can be removed since the Linux version of the game has been here for a while :)
Xanadu Next:

Good news: Xbox 360 controller support appears to work out of the box but I have not had a chance to play it.

Bad news: the game suffers from this Wine bug: Rainbow colored textures
JudasIscariot: Xanadu Next:

Good news: Xbox 360 controller support appears to work out of the box but I have not had a chance to play it.

Bad news: the game suffers from this Wine bug: Rainbow colored textures
rampancy: What version(s) of WINE did you test? Did installing any winetricks somehow help?

If I seem aggressive, it's only because I really want to play this game.
Wine version: wine-1.9.22-37-g86ec169

I haven't tried any as of right now but I know it seems to use D3D8 so that might a wee bit tricky...

I do know you will need some in order to play some of the in-game movies and the intro but I am not sure which exact ones besides amstream devenum quartz...
Game: Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure - Director's Cut
Installer MD5: 859e1dd5cc918d742c73b10d7ab1529c setup_jack_orlando_dc_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18938

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.7-1 ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.10
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.23

Install notes: No winetricks needed, just run the installer.
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: you may want to run this one in a virtual desktop if your OS cannot handle switching back to your native resolution but other than that, the game runs perfectly. Sound works, saving and loading works, gameplay is perfect.

Also, when playing the game in full screen with no virtual desktop enabled, be sure to focus the main menu by moving your mouse pointer around until you have the game properly centered. Once you're in the game proper, you won't have to worry about moving your mouse pointer beyond the game's boundaries and the game will be firmly locked in place.
UnrealQuakie: Judas, Red or white wine?
I prefer blushes, if I am being honest. Reds and merlots are a bit too strong for my taste and whites are too dry. Blushes are that perfect compromise :)
shmerl: I had various issues with it, including intro videos not working. The list of overrides is quite useful to figure out what's missing in the stock Wine.
eiii: Strangely enough I've never missed an intro in this game. But now that you say it ... :)

I assume I have to install the Linux version to be able to explore GOGs Wine tweaks or is there any script in the package which contains all tweak commands?
They aren't our tweaks :P
Game: Downwell
Installer MD5: 312D96E7FB9BFA3269BD7D3E043F8771 setup_downwell_drmfree_20161119_(7980).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17530

Distro: Antergos Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.10-ARCH
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.20
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.24

Install notes: Make sure to run "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" as the game will crash without it.

How well does it run: Perfectly with the keyboard. Could not get controller support working for it, though.

Details:

Tested the game several times all the way up to the third world.
Good news, I finally managed to get Way of the Samurai 4 working with what I think might be full controller support :D

The only issue I have is writing out the instructions to do so :P
JudasIscariot: Good news, I finally managed to get Way of the Samurai 4 working with what I think might be full controller support :D

The only issue I have is writing out the instructions to do so :P
te_lanus: Sounds like me getting Interstate 82 running, I got it to run, but can't reproduce it :(
Oh I can reproduce running Way of the Samurai 4, I just don't feel like writing out the lengthy instructions to do so atm :D
adamhm: Not a GOG game (...yet?) but it is DRM-free with a standalone installer on the Humble Store. Perhaps add a separate section for DRM-free games that aren't on GOG?
Gydion: I don't mind the report here, but I'm not planning on tracking non-GOG games in this thread as it's specifically for "asking does GOG GAME run in Wine?"
JudasIscariot: Oh I can reproduce running Way of the Samurai 4, I just don't feel like writing out the lengthy instructions to do so atm :D
Gydion: Two days later...

Hey, didn't Xanadu Next have an update. Likely it did not fix the rainbow colours, but that bug report doesn't even have any useful logs attached to it. How am I supposed to demand patch from you if you haven't identified the problem yet?
Xanadu Next did have an update but it wasn't anything remotely related to the issue with the shaders, sorry,
Game: Way of the Samurai 4
Installer MD5:

50f5d0edbe43ceb8e3847cf9d89ca872 setup_way_of_the_samurai4_2.1.0.3.exe
18f109ca718e43cdc07383d47723bcfe setup_way_of_the_samurai4_2.1.0.3-1.bin

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34504

Distro: Antergos Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.11-ARCH
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.20
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.24

Install notes: You will need all of these winetricks in order to play the game properly:

amstream
devenum
quartz
d3dx9
d3dcompiler_43
wmp9
physx

Quick note about physx:

The version pulled by winetricks is the older version, namely, version 9.14. If you want the newer version (the one our installer attempts to install) you will need to swap the physx winetrick for msxml3 and that will allow you to install PhysX 9.15 from our installer :)

How well does it run: Quite well but I highly recommend playing the game with an XInput-capable controller as you will be fighting a lot and the game requires quick reflexes. After installing the necessary winetricks the game runs very smooth and also has a windowed mode for those of you who like that sort of thing :P

Details:

I've put up controller support how-to and some detailed notes regarding winetricks here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34504. I tried to write the controller how-to succinctly enough to be readable but I also tried to keep in mind that not everyone who uses Wine might know all the little ins and outs of it so it might be longer than necessary :)
Post edited December 03, 2016 by JudasIscariot
vanchann: Game: Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Install notes: I installed directx9 through winetricks.
Gydion: Does this need more than d3dx9_36? Not sure if that test was incomplete or what.
JudasIscariot: Game: Way of the Samurai 4
I've put up controller support how-to and some detailed notes regarding winetricks here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34504. I tried to write the controller how-to succinctly enough to be readable but I also tried to keep in mind that not everyone who uses Wine might know all the little ins and outs of it so it might be longer than necessary :)
Gydion: I might change

If you want the version of PhysX that the GOG version comes with (version 9.15) then you will need the following list of winetricks:
Gydion: to

If you want the version of PhysX that the GOG version comes with (version 9.15) then replace winetricks physx with msxml3:
Gydion: I would also have the winetricks in the same order unless it matters when msxml3 is installed. Also, no screenshots. As long as it has a maintainer screenshot submission should be quick.
Yeah, I need to make a screenshot or two but I can't make one in full screen as for some reason my PrintScrn button doesn't work when the game is ran in full screen. Will mess around with the virtual desktop :)

As for the order of installation for the winetricks, you can install them in whatever order you like before you install the game as I've tested this a few times before I wrote everything down :)
Post edited December 03, 2016 by JudasIscariot
UnrealQuakie: so I might do a linux pc build as a side thing to learn how to use linux and such, Now will games like my unreal tournament 3 and quake 3 arena and doom series on it? I am thinking ubuntu?
Hmmm.

If you want to remain bloat free but you don't want a distro where you have to wait months just to get an update for ONE package, then I can highly recommend Antergos.

You get all the latest *stable* updates and you can customize your installation since the OS is installed via a net install.

In short, you get the best of both worlds: the rolling update model of Windows (if you like that kind of thing) that you can customize (you can tell your package manager to ignore certain updates) and you get the overall customization that you get with Linux :D

Or you can even try Arch Anywhere :D
Post edited December 05, 2016 by JudasIscariot