It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: FYI: To make intro videos work in TW3, you can install xact_jun2010 with winetricks.
Vovchigus: What about the game itself? Any hope to get it working?
It runs but the graphics are scrambled since it uses unsupported, as of right now, shader instructions and probably requires tessellation support, amongst other things.
Silverhawk170485: Can anyone please look into making Wuppo run on Wine? I'm not that professional Wine user to find it out by myself. ;)
I'll take a look at it when I get home :)
JudasIscariot: I'll take a look at it when I get home :)
Silverhawk170485: Thanks. :)
And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
JudasIscariot: And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
Silverhawk170485: Too bad. But thaks for your effort.

I tried out different versions of Wine too but I had always the same issue. I thought it has something to do with dependencies of the game but I don't know how to figure them out.
One thing it definitely needs is "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" because otherwise I see HLSL compiler failures in my terminal output.

As for any other dependencies, I am not sure what else it might need as most GameMaker games, such as Downwell, usually run with just d3dcompiler_43 installed :/
JudasIscariot: And nope, can't get it to run as it keeps crashing with "out of memory" errors. I filed a bug so hopefully it will get fixed soon-ish :)
te_lanus: So I'm not the only one, tried this morning and also got that.

Used 64bit with DX10/11 installed
Just an FYI: the game is 32-bit so you may want to use a WoW64 or 32-bit prefix :)
Post edited February 16, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Projectsonic: Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
rampancy: Yeah, I have...the last time I tried it, it was with one of the later 1.9.xx builds. The game ran just fine, but when you entered into 3D tactical combat the game suffered from severe graphical problems; ships would look like jagged collections of black and grey triangles, if they'd even render at all.

It might be worth trying again with Wine 2.2, or the latest version of staging.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit doesn't feature 3D tactical combat though :)
rampancy: Game: Galactic Civilizations 2 - Ultimate Edition
Installer MD5: 2782a435717bc7476644855dee4500c2
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16336
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/galactic-civilizations-ii-ultimate-edition
Distro: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Kernel version: Build 10K549
Graphics card: GMA X3100 (144 MB)
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested:
wine 2.0-rc6 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine 2.0-rc5 (3-4 hours) via Wineskin
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (<1.0 hours) via Wineskin

Winetricks Needed: dxdiagn, devenum; use UseGLSL=disable only to boost graphics performance, if the game seems slow.

Install Notes: None.

How Well Does It Run: Perfectly (so far), on vanilla wine (there was no difference between 2.0-rc5 and 2.0-rc6). On wine-staging the game seems to crash immediately on launch with what looks like memory allocation errors in my winelog. I've played a couple of hours in free-play mode, tried mods, and loading/saving games; everything (including cutscenes and music) seems to work as expected. The graphical glitches reported earlier (Bug #36956) don't seem to be present (this seems to be caused only by the built-in dxdiagn, as noted by Gydion). The only feature I have not tried is online multiplayer. The game works well with or without the Native Mac Driver enabled.

As a note, I have not (yet?) encountered the out-of-memory errors reported in the AppDB. However, this seems to be an issue with the game itself and how it handles games on very large maps with a high number of AI civilizations.
Projectsonic: I can confirm the same results using Wineskin in OSX 10.11 under Wine 2.2, no graphic bugs. The only flaw I find is one that's shared commonly among Wine with GC2, and that's the font being cut off and ugly every now and then for some reason. Still readable though.

Incidentally, has anyone attempted Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition yet?
I have and you will need both .NET 4.0 and XNA 4.0 winetricks to get it to run. Haven't tried getting controller support working for it but I imagine it just requires dropping the xinpu1_3.dll and x360ce profile in the same directory as the executable :)
Post edited February 21, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Game: Stories Untold
Installer MD5: FABCCC40F1E1B03DAD0A0CC0299B3680 setup_stories_untold_32_gog-1_(10163).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.9.11-1 ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-183-gadedebf47a

Install notes:

You will need to set "d3d11" to "disabled" in Wine's configuration menu and you will need to run "winetricks quartz" in order to a) force the game to use DirectX 9 and b) be able to actually play the game.

Also, I linked the 32-bit installer in the MD5 section as I have encountered issues with the 64-bit version so YMMV.

How well does it run

I played 3 out of the 4 stories in the game and I did not experience a crash. I highly recommend playing this in full screen as windowed mode tends to cut off some text here and there, not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Update:

The game works just as well in Wine 2.4 with the same winecfg settings and winetricks quartz.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-git
Gydion: Thanks. Perhaps a git describe would be useful here? Assuming it does what I think.
Does this not work as well against Wine 2.2? Tagged releases are more useful to use for most others as they typically won't have a master build handy.
Added the git describe result :)

Hmmm I am not sure, I do know that we're about 4 days away from another WIne development release so folks with Wine 2.3 will have all the fixes :)

I can check later, of course :)
TaxAkla: Anyone can say how GOG's BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS works with Wine?
Shadowcat: Bump. The thread search suggests this never got a reply...
I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
JudasIscariot: I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
clarry: Who do I have to bribe to get you to test dying light? ;-)
Hmmm last time I tested it (somewhere in the 1.9.X series) it would not run and would just crash. If you wait a bit, I'd like to see if some new D3D11 features make it in and then test it :)

See the latest D3D11 features waiting for approval here: https://source.winehq.org/patches/
JudasIscariot: I haven't tested it but, from what I know about the game, is that it almost requires a controller to play and has this bug report about gamepad support: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38816
clarry: Who do I have to bribe to get you to test dying light? ;-)
Alright so I tested it with Wine 2.3 and Wine 2.3 Staging.

Wine 2.3:

Pink or fuschia screen throughout the whole test but can hear audio just fine.

Wine 2.3 Staging:

The intro movies play just fine except for the one just before the game hands control of the player character to you. That movie has this weird shake to it as if someone was constantly shaking the camera.

As for how the game looks in Wine 2.3 Staging, this is me right after the intro sequence ends and I have control of the player character and I am inside a building and this is me a few feet further looking down and still inside a building.

Long story short: still very much unplayable.

I also turned off or turned down every possible setting so what you are seeing is the game without Depth of Field, antialiasing, HBAO+ or any other Nvidia-specific bells and whistles.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Rixasha: Nice to hear there is progress on The Witcher 3.
It's a long shot, but since there is the current sale and all, has anyone tried Lichdom recently?
I have.

In Staging you can get to the main menu and even attempt to start the game (it then crashes). Wine bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42368

In vanilla Wine, all you get is a green screen. Wine bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40428
Post edited March 08, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-183-gadedebf47a
Gydion: Does this appear to start and run normally with Wine 2.4? I'm not looking for an entire new test, but basic confirmation that it works with a release build would be great.
Yes, I just tested the game and it runs just fine in Wine 2.4. Still need to set "d3d11" to "disabled" in winecfg and you still need to run "winetricks quartz" in order to be able to properly play the game.
Game: Caladrius Blaze
Installer MD5: 2e38733fe1afcbd42f78cbf236f337c2 setup_caladrius_blaze_2.1.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.10.3-1- ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4

Install notes:

You will need to run "winetricks vcrun2013" before you install the game. If you have the game already installed then you will need to run "winetricks --force vcrun2013"

The reason you need the winetricks is because the game will have a black screen otherwise.

How well does it run

I played the game for about 30 minutes in Story Mode, got a couple of bosses down and the game ran fine. I am not sure as to how make the game work with a wired XBOX 360 controller but it's somewhat playable with the keyboard.

Also, if want to get the Galaxy achievements, the game works in Wine Staging and so do the achievements for the game.
JudasIscariot: Yes, I just tested the game and it runs just fine in Wine 2.4.
Gydion: Cheers. Could you note that in your test, thanks.
Did you have a chance to look at Raiden IV yet?
So just change the version number or add a note?

As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
adamhm: AFAIK for POL 5 they're rewriting the whole thing, no idea when that will be ready though
shmerl: They started, but later something happened to the project and basically the whole thing halted. You can search for more info on their forum.

Now I'm more comfortable though with making scripts for running with custom Wine and custom prefixes, but POL still offers quite a few useful features that save time.
I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D