It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
LynetteC: Surely they should have been compiling the list a the sale progressed?
drmike: No, it;s easier to run a single database check after the event than to run it continuously.
That depends I think. If there is code in production database for this purpose then it should be easy enough. It is conceivable - after all sales are quite common occurrence here. And for instance there were times when "free" games automatically unlocked during big sales as you spent enough money on games/ earned enough XP points. But if there is no code for real time tracking of bought games then you are right. But this would point to gog doing things different this time. Maybe this has to do with discounts lowered mid-sale?
BeatriceElysia: I contacted support and apparently they are:

Hello,
I apologise for the delay - right now we are compiling the list of the e-mail addresses, and the codes should be sent out soon.
Please note, that you will only get these codes if you agreed to receive e-mails from us. If you unsubscribed from our mailing at any point in the past, you will not get the e-mail with those free games as well.
You can check and adjust your subscriptions on your account, when you are logged in, here: https://www.gog.com/accou......nt/settings/subscriptions
BeatriceElysia:
What? And soon you will not get any confirmation emails for game purchases and maybe not even the games itself when you do not agree to receive all of the advertisements from GOG?

I cannot believe that...

LynetteC: Surely they should have been compiling the list a the sale progressed?
drmike: No, it;s easier to run a single database check after the event than to run it continuously.
But even with millions of customers and orders a database check cannot run that long. It more looks like they have to compile the list manually. ;P
Well, at least I know I'm not the only one waiting...
Well, credit where credit is due, support seems to be pretty snappy with an answer.
Hello,
These codes will be sent via our usual marketing e-mail tool, that also sends out the newsletters and announcements.
If you are unsubscribed from these, you will not get the e-mail with these free games as well, because the tool is set to ignore your address, as per your settings.
I apologise for the inconvenience.
So... we at least now know they mean the Releases and Announcements list, which I am indeed unsubscribed from. Guess I'll subscribe and hope it's not too late.

And as for the person asking why we're so impatient about the free games, some of us aren't waiting for the games. We are waiting for the giftable codes because some of us have friends and family who's birthday is this week and we foolishly went for the free version instead of buying it outright.

That said, it is more than a little bit bullshit how they are handing out the codes this time. So yeah. I will have to follow through on my threat of giving this promotion one star.
Staredown: And as for the person asking why we're so impatient about the free games, some of us aren't waiting for the games. We are waiting for the giftable codes because some of us have friends and family who's birthday is this week and we foolishly went for the free version instead of buying it outright.
No offense intended. It was more a tongue in cheek comment (hence the :P emote).

Staredown: That said, it is more than a little bit bullshit how they are handing out the codes this time. So yeah. I will have to follow through on my threat of giving this promotion one star.
Yeah, I'm not sure why they opted for it this way. Seems it would have been easy enough to add each game as you reach the dollar threshold. Perhaps it was to reduce the chance people would refund/return the games after buying but not DLing and then keep the freebies? Of course, it would also seem easy enough to refuse a refund if the freebie was DLed. *shrug*
So far I've also didn't receive anything (despite being subscribed on all three "options").

By the way - I've written yesterday evening (more than 24 hours after sale was finished) to support (regarding not receiving those free games), and I've received reply, that they will start to send those games "when promo will be finished". Well, I've always thought that most of the GOG's crew is living in Poland, but nope, appareantly they're living in another dimension with different timeline :)
Just checked my emails and nothing received also looked through the spam folder, whats going on gog?

Everything is ticked with the subscribtions
Post edited September 20, 2017 by Tiny_wirefly
Seems straightforward enough to do it automatically.

They just need to create a basic query:

Total spend during time frame: $5-$9.99, $10-$14.99 or >$14.99.

Then send the correct email to each list.

Emails are working because I've been send an advertising message from them in-between checking the thread and posting this.
I will bide my time to see if I get that email, hope it shows up.
Thought about opening a ticket for this, but seeing as they haven't answered the one I created 9 days ago - also regarding that weekly sale - I decided to check here. Glad to see I'm not the only one that hasn't gotten that email.

EDIT: I don't remember ever changing the notification settings.
Attachments:
Post edited September 20, 2017 by Nitrus015
Nothing here either still.
Only Thing I feel somewhat sour about so far is the lack of information/feedback from GoG on this - at least an "We know you bought items from the list, please be patient for a while" would have been nice, so that my mind could enter the classical "Red 5 standing by" Mode... as it is now I have to fear that some Spam Filters in the E-Mail Chain, some settings I've made on GoG, etc. could all lead to a situation that I won't get that eMail or have missed it already....

I could also understood that they may wait at least until the usual money-back/cancellation time for the purchase(s) went past, just to make sure only people who actually paid the threshold amount would get their freebies - but if that is the case (the only understandable case IMHO, database-crunching/mining, even in the scope of such a sale, could have been under a days time (thinking about old Sun Systems capabilities of data crunching, and that was ages ago)), even that should have been said (and would have earned my respect as such a move may not have been welcomed by anyone)...
Post edited September 21, 2017 by Sha_n_Dra
Posting my support ticket. I'm just checking that no one else has gotten this. This email delivery is a bit strange, I'm worried it will get lost in the junk folder and I'll lose the games. Real strange on the lack of communication/clarity on the whole process here. Below it seems like new conditions are being added under which I won't receive the games?

Chuckaduck Today at 19:51

I made a purchase over $14.99 this past weekend and was informed I would receive 3 additional games. I thought more info was supposed to arrive by email by 9/19?
chandra Today at 20:04
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologise for this the delay - right now we are compiling the list of the e-mail addresses, and the codes should be sent out soon. Please double-check your spam folders.

Please note, that you will only get these codes if you agreed to receive e-mails from us. If you unsubscribed from our mailing at any point in the past, you will not get the e-mail with those free games as well.

You can check and adjust your subscriptions on your account, when you are logged in, here: [Link deleted to permit me to post]

I apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,

chandra
GOG.com Support
@chuckaduck - I've received exactly the same answer from the same person (on my second e-mail), well, it seems that we've got mass copy-paste at this point and won't receive any update until "breakthrough".
Well, at least I am not alone in wondering.

Like many I imagine, I have been wondering if there was a hiccup and I won't receive the email, only to be informed when I eventually give in and inquire, that I have missed the do-by-date.

I am also concerned about what $15 means. I thought it meant literally that. It was only after the sale had ended and I was looking for an update on the freebies, that I came across mention of what seems to be $15 USD ... still not really clear on it because of the way it is worded. But if that is indeed true, then I am once again concerned about the integrity of GOG. I spent what i thought was enough to get well and truly over the line, especially as I have one of the freebies already. I would have spent a few more dollars, but the first item I was considering, jumped in price on the second day of sale, from $2.49 to $12.49, in the midst of my considering it. In fact two items on my wishlist changed their price again on the second day of the sale. I never complained about them, because I just presumed a mistake had been made, and we all make mistakes now and then. But if $16+ AUD is not enough to get me the two freebies I am interested in, well that issue will cost me. At least one of the games I did buy, was bought on the promise of getting the freebies (one related), and would have been skipped otherwise.

Let's hope that unlike the odd EVERYONE comes away with something FIASCO, that GOG have been more thoughtful & caring and behave with more integrity this time. Here's hoping. :)