It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
I still haven't gotten my free game. From the sales list, I bought:

Tropico Reloaded
Pathological Classic HD
Hard West: Scars of Freedom

For a total of $5.44. The only game on the freebie list I didn't own (after getting Tropico Reloaded) was Breach and Clear, so I was expecting one free game offer.

Anyone else still not get their game offer? I've seen all the weird rules pop up after the sale was already over - not really sending emails on the 19th, you need to have all the email subscriptions active, certain games from the posted sales list weren't really part of the sale...

Anyway, weird sale and no immediate response with a help desk ticket. Anyone else experiencing this?
Still don't have the codes. When do these expire? Does checking the subscriptions after the sale ended mean I won't ever get the codes?
I am also on the "not received (yet)"-list... and I had all subscription settings allowed since ages... also not in my providers spam folder, nor in my own. Will check again this night...
jcoa: Still don't have the codes. When do these expire?
When I tried the code that I received (and cancelled the redemption - long story), the page said that the code was good until Sept 20, 2027.

That's *10 years*, folks.

If it's true, then I'd say that everyone who receives their codes will be covered (even if you can't give away one or two of the available titles). ^_^
Nightopian: I don't own any of three that could be redeemed, so that shouldn't be a problem.
aghem: Did you buy Hard Reset Redux and had a special discount because of having Shadow Warrior (2013) already? Then Hard Reset Redux didn't count as a part of the promo - had such issue myself.

Some counter could be great for such promos (like EXP points in the past sales) to clearly see how many freebies you'll get.

Not a big deal here, I'll get Tropico at some point later on probably.
I did get Hard Reset Redux with the permanent 85% discount. Why should it not count? The game was never removed from the weekly sale page. Even after going back and checking the sale page later in the week to see if I wanted to go over $15, there it was listed as owned at the bottom of the page.

The only hiccup the special discount should've presented to those in our situation was not being able to reach each individual freebie threshold as easily as others could without previously owning Shadow Warrior (2013).
Still no codes yet, but I do have another message about my ticket (this was after I subscribed to Releases and Announcements):
Hello,
Seems like you are on the list of the users that are going to get these now :)
Just in case: if you don't get anything by the end of this week, please write to us on Monday.
Also, I had deliberately withheld the name of the person handling my ticket for secret identity concerns, but in the interest of restoring a bit of faith in GoG, I feel I should let you all know that my ticket is being handled by Beta Ray Bill. So no worries. If his hands are good enough for Mjölnir, then they're probably good enough to handle my ticket.
high rated
BeatriceElysia: I contacted support and apparently they are:
Hello,
I apologise for the delay - right now we are compiling the list of the e-mail addresses, and the codes should be sent out soon.
Please note, that you will only get these codes if you agreed to receive e-mails from us. If you unsubscribed from our mailing at any point in the past, you will not get the e-mail with those free games as well.
You can check and adjust your subscriptions on your account, when you are logged in, here: https://www.gog.com/account/settings/subscriptions
BeatriceElysia:
[emphasis added]

I just noticed this.

Are you serious, GOG? Just look at your own sale announcement [emphasis added]:
GOG.com: Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right? [...]
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
Where does it state in here that in order to receive these codes one has to be subscribed to your newsletter e-mails?
Yet, not only are you excluding people that are not, but you tell them after the fact, and exclusively via Support? Seriously?

You may have chosen this route out of convenience for you, and you'll probably make good on everyone that has spent $5 or more if they submit a support ticket, but it qualifies as false advertising since these conditions were not clearly stated in the public announcement. I'm not even sure that "be subscribed to our newsletters, else no free codes for spending your money on this sale" is a legitimate condition to exclude people, but at the very least you should have made it publicly known from the beginning.

And while you may have eased the workload on those handling the distribution of the free codes, you've unnecessarily created extra workload for your support with the way you're going about this.

I really have to wonder if you people think things through during the planning phase.

*shakes head in utter disappointment*
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

I just noticed this.

Are you serious, GOG? Just look at your own sale announcement [emphasis added]: Where does it state in here that in order to receive these codes one has to be subscribed to your newsletter e-mails?
Yet, not only are you excluding people that are not, but you tell them after the fact, and exclusively via Support? Seriously?

You may have chosen this route out of convenience for you, and you'll probably make good on everyone that has spent $5 or more if they submit a support ticket, but it qualifies as false advertising since these conditions were not clearly stated in the public announcement. I'm not even sure that "be subscribed to our newsletters, else no free codes for spending your money on this sale" is a legitimate condition to exclude people, but at the very least you should have made it publicly known from the beginning.

And while you may have eased the workload on those handling the distribution of the free codes, you've unnecessarily created extra workload for your support with the way you're going about this.

I really have to wonder if you people think things through during the planning phase.

*shakes head in utter disappointment*
That's cute. You think GOG has a planning phase for these things.
HypersomniacLive:
Well said.

paladin181: That's cute. You think GOG has a planning phase for these things.
Oh but they do! Here's some actual footage from the final stage of preparation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gh1lTcwdGY

I really feel sorry for GOG's hard-working support team who are continually swamped with requests and complaints due to poorly planned, announced and/or executed – in this case downright falsely advertised – promotions.

And I feel sorry for the customers who are eligible for the free game(s) but have unsubscribed from the newsletter e-mails and remain unaware of the unannounced requirement.

Hopefully GOG will take appropriate measures to rectify the situation.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Timboli: Just got my email with the REDEEM button, that took me to the Redeem page, where the two freebies I wanted, were displayed ...... I had the 3rd already, so it wasn't present.
Really? I thought they would offer you a gift code in that case.
Timboli: I am also concerned about what $15 means. I thought it meant literally that. It was only after the sale had ended and I was looking for an update on the freebies, that I came across mention of what seems to be $15 USD ...
Ditto.
GOG.com: If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents
WTF? I picked my games based upon a giant bloody banner saying, "Get 3 games for FREE by spending $15." I spent over $18 and now I've been emailed a code that's only good for two games. Even if it had said "$15 USD", how am I supposed to know what exchange rate to use in the instant of my purchase?

Anyway, I raised a support ticket, asking them to remedy my code. I'll update when they reply.
still no codes yet, spent over 13,71 €, more then 15 $
Gogelhahn: still no codes yet, spent over 13,71 €, more then 15 $
I just received my codes this afternoon, finally.
They really did change things up this time around.

Not sure, when before you spent the eligible amount and the bonus games came almost instantly.

Who knows, to be sure...
Perhaps they will use this as an opportunity to improve their free game programs.

If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?
muntdefems: Right.
Adjusted where? While I was fairly certain what they meant, I found that statement ambiguous at best.

All I ever see at GOG is Aussie Dollar prices, so I took all the banners etc all over the place at face value.
Of course if you are from a country whose currency is not dollars but is supported by GOG or a country that shows American dollars only, then you would be under no misunderstanding, when you saw dollars.

GOG really should have placed the text USD on their banners etc ... but I presume it was just an oversight not to.

While my previous post to this shows that I am very grateful that I got the two games I wanted, I am now aware I probably should have gotten a code for the 3rd game, if it was indeed $15 AUD.

While I am unhappy at GOG's lack of due diligence or oversight, I am also man enough to accept the fact I should have gone to this topic originally to check on all the details ... presuming of course, that I didn't and it had full detail at that time. I am now apprised of the fact I need to do that in future, where it hadn't occurred to me before.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Timboli
got it now.

but only two games, tropico reloaded was just in my library before, no extra gift code