It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
Sha_n_Dra: Nope and yes... you only get one code, with that you are allowed to choose from the games you don't already own the number of games you are entitled to -> the owned titles are listed and marked as owned and cannot be chosen (so you own two games already, you can only choose the remaining unowned one.. owning all three, remaining choice: none).

Edit: Oops, damned HTML Mails .... haven't noticed that those empty boxes (I am not allowing external references to be loaded) above the green Button/Link in that mail (in german titled "Einlösen") were direct links/redeem codes for each on of the three titles - don't know what would have happened if I had chosen the title I already owned first via it's direct link.
HypersomniacLive: The first part of your post states that one gets a single code that gets them only the game(s) they don't already own, yet the Edit-part makes it sound like there were three different codes in your email? Is it possible that all three links were for the same code? Can you check this, please?
Yup - The edited part was because I haven't noticed before that those 3 placeholder-squares (for not loaded images of each game title), actually contained links... All 4 Links (including the choose your games code/page I followed) where the same, except the final letter... In my mail the "Redeem" your Games Link ended in "-i", Kyn in "-y", Breach&Clear in "-j" and Tropico in "-t".... So the mail actually contained 4 links to the redeem page (with a different code for each)

As said, haven't followed the individual game links, but I would guess that following the one of an already owned item would state something like "key already activated/used" or whatsoever.... (can't see why that would earn one a gift-code, whereas the choose your game "n-x Options" availabe (where x=already owned) won't get you one)
Post edited September 25, 2017 by Sha_n_Dra
HypersomniacLive: On a different note - do eligible people that already owned one or more of the bonus games receive gift code(s) for them?
Timboli wasn't offered a gift code:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_sale_get_3_games_for_free_by_spending_15_6677b/post196

Neither was ChainsawGenie:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_sale_get_3_games_for_free_by_spending_15_6677b/post209

However, Lonewolf1044 claims that you might be able to get a gift code:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_sale_get_3_games_for_free_by_spending_15_6677b/post210

Colour me confused. ;)

HypersomniacLive: What's important is that since the currency symbol is the exact same for US and Aussie dollars (and I suspect for Canadian ones too), a banner listing USD on a front page that otherwise displays prices in one's local dollars-currency qualifies as false advertisement that will quite certainly mislead people.
I've attached a screenshot of the banner that was shown at the top of the weekly sale promo page. I highly doubt the amount and currency symbol displayed varied depending on user settings.

Furthermore, I find it interesting that on the banner GOG completely neglects to mention that the unlockables are tier-based. I wonder if anyone actually thought they had to spend a minimum of $15 in order to receive (any of) the games. That's why I took the screenshot in the first place.
Attachments:
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: However, Lonewolf1044 claims that you might be able to get a gift code:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_sale_get_3_games_for_free_by_spending_15_6677b/post210

Colour me confused. ;)
Lonewolfs cite seem to describe the 1st page where you enter your code to redeem (which is included in the links url) and the warning he cites is a general one about the code you just entered.... if you want to give that key/code to someone else step back now, otherwise it is your transaction.
So not really a gift-code you get from the page past that mentioned one for a game you already own...
Now one may be inclined to think that the direct code (mentioned in my above messages) for an owned title may be valid as a gift key: I'll really doubt it - maybe splitting of individual keys for none owned titles of original purchaser may work... But somehow I have no faith in that and would guess that giving any one of those links to someone else may mess up the whole of the codes you got in the mail...

And I say it again IMHO this choose from freebies available per amount X spent was a great concept, but as others have stated - the whole sale felt like a 3:00 am Party Idea that was realized right ahead in that night and could have been great if the ones responsible would have slept a night or two to give 2nd Thoughts a chance and so avoid all the hazards not thought of before...
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Sha_n_Dra
I spent exactly US$15 in AUD equivalent (slightly over AU$18) and no codes. Nothing.

I really wanted Kyn, don't care about two other titles.

Opening a support ticket.
Post edited September 26, 2017 by eneset
eneset: I spent exactly US$15 in AUD equivalent (slightly over AU$18) and no codes. Nothing.

I really wanted Kyn, don't care about two other titles.

Opening a support ticket.
If you get any kind of response, please post back here. I was simply told to wait when I emailed back as instructed on Monday morning, but did not receive any kind of reply when I asked for an updated delivery estimate.
HypersomniacLive: As for your P.S., you must have missed your post #196, which I quoted, highlighting the part containing the forum reference (it's in the very last line of your post). Anyway, not that important.
My apologies, I did write that, and somehow missed it when I went back looking through my posts. :)

That said, I don't know why I used that description, except that I regularly use forums elsewhere (even run a private one of my own). In any case I wasn't referring to (or including) the Chat sections, as I see them as quite separate and apart, when it comes to a store. So maybe I should have used the word Store or Site or just GOG ... my mistake.

P.S. In all reality though, the whole site is probably built on forum software I guess.
Update:

- the codes didnt arrived during Monday as promised.

- updated the support ticket
Nightopian: I don't own any of three that could be redeemed, so that shouldn't be a problem.
aghem: Did you buy Hard Reset Redux and had a special discount because of having Shadow Warrior (2013) already? Then Hard Reset Redux didn't count as a part of the promo - had such issue myself.

Some counter could be great for such promos (like EXP points in the past sales) to clearly see how many freebies you'll get.

Not a big deal here, I'll get Tropico at some point later on probably.
I just want to give an update on the situation with those of us who purchased Hard Reset Redux during the sale and had it void from their total spent.

I contacted GOG support, explained that Hard Reset Redux was on the sale page all week, and irrespective of its special discount should count towards reaching the freebie thresholds (in my case over $10). The representative apologized for the inconvenience, but explained that it wasn't part of the sale. In order to bring this point home, screen grabs of the sale page were included in the support ticket. This proved my point as one of the pictures (see attached) had Hard Reset Redux in it. After pointing this out, I was told the matter would be investigated and support would get back to me.

Yesterday, I was given a code for the choice of two free games, instead of one like before.

If anyone has had their purchase of Hard Reset Redux cause them to miss out on any of the free games, contact GOG and let them know. It absolutely shouldn't.

You can now enjoy Tropico, aghem.
Attachments:
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Nightopian
Nightopian: Yesterday, I was given a code for the choice of two free games, instead of one like before.

If anyone has had their purchase of Hard Reset Redux cause them to miss out on any of the free games, contact GOG and let them know. It absolutely shouldn't.

You can now enjoy Tropico, aghem.
Thanks Nightopian! I've contacted the support and indeed just got Tropico :)
Grimscar: Update:

- the codes didnt arrived during Monday as promised.

- updated the support ticket
I'm in the same situation, Grimscar. Just updated my ticket as well.

Hopefully, this particular issue will be sorted out in the next few days.
Sha_n_Dra: ... the warning he cites is a general one about the code you just entered....
Ah okay, I thought he might be referring to one specifically written for the purpose of redeeming the codes for these unlocked games (seeing as GOG have done things quite differently this time round).
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
zakmckracken: Hopefully, this particular issue will be sorted out in the next few days.
Considering destructoid just had a giveaway and GoG is supposed to give away the keys and we're wondering what's going on with that, something may be up on GoG's end.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/destructoid_givaway
Got my code this morning. This has been the worst promotion I've seen GOG do. Literally over a week late on handing over the game I already paid for with no explanation (even now) of what happened.

If they weren't trying to test their new code system or their spam mail system, they were trying to test what they could get away with on their customer base. These guys really need to invest in a PR rep. No more good word of mouth about GOG from me.
Agreed, this promo sucked.
I hate that I have to open a support ticket instead of just GOG delivering... But after a week I have lost faith.
Is anyone else still waiting for the codes after logging a support request?
Post edited September 27, 2017 by ktchong