It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
I am glad some people at least have gotten their codes. I am less sanguine about them apparently being group codes, but it's not the first time GoG has done that, so I knew there was a chance it would happen this time as well.

Grimscar: UPDATE
6. 30+ hours later got response that the codes are being send, I shall contact the support on Monday if I have not them
This is the situation I am in as well (barring the 30+ hours later bit. Like I said before, support was pretty snappy for me, definitely within 24 hours.). I got more or less the same email on Friday, and the week has ended so unless I get up Monday and somehow the codes are in my inbox (which would make GoG support the first support I've dealt with that works weekends) I will be needing to continue my ticket.

mintee: probably has to be one of the stupidest promos in a while... well, maybe not the stupidest but clumsiest, ill thought out...
Yeah, I really do get the impression that this sale was thrown together at the last minute before The Big Deal Sale (because there's no way that wasn't in planning for at least a month). In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the real point of the sale wasn't a test run for the new promo code system.

Ah well, this is GoG's first big screw up for me, and I've been here for over four years, so they haven't exactly burned through their entire reserve of good will with me.

Worst Case Scenario: I resubscribe to the newsletter before I deal with any promo code sale and unsub after I get my codes.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by Staredown
Timboli: When I said everywhere else, I am talking about the usual places I visit and check - Wishlist, Game Pages, Sales Pages, Game List Pages and the Main GOG Page. And also in the emails I regularly get.

By announcement threads, I guess you are talking about those like the current one I am in. Until recently I had not been in the habit of visiting them much or being guided (noticing even) the prices in them. But going by what recently happened, perhaps they only show USD prices in them?

So in short, I have been going by the prices on those places I mentioned, some of which, like the Main GOG page, have banners with prices, that to the best of my knowledge have always been in AUD. I've certainly not come across pricing discrepancies before now, when I have made an actual purchase ... and I have made many purchases here (over 200) since May 2017.
Yes, you said "on the forum", i.e. announcement threads. And yes, in those, prices are always listed in USD, and USD only.

I don't recall, was there a banner for this on the front page? And does GOG designate prices in Aussie dollars with just the dollar symbol ($)?

On a different note - do eligible people that already owned one or more of the bonus games receive gift code(s) for them?
HypersomniacLive: On a different note - do eligible people that already owned one or more of the bonus games receive gift code(s) for them?
Nope and yes... you only get one code, with that you are allowed to choose from the games you don't already own the number of games you are entitled to -> the owned titles are listed and marked as owned and cannot be chosen (so you own two games already, you can only choose the remaining unowned one.. owning all three, remaining choice: none).

Edit: Oops, damned HTML Mails .... haven't noticed that those empty boxes (I am not allowing external references to be loaded) above the green Button/Link in that mail (in german titled "Einlösen") were direct links/redeem codes for each on of the three titles - don't know what would have happened if I had chosen the title I already owned first via it's direct link.
Post edited September 24, 2017 by Sha_n_Dra
mintee: probably has to be one of the stupidest promos in a while... well, maybe not the stupidest but clumsiest, ill thought out and if intended shady for pushing newsletter spam notifications on email accts. I will hesitate next time they do this and ask for real clarification on the terms beforehand.
This is probably the most accurate description of what's happened. It had not occurred to me that they might be trying to push up email marketing subscriptions. I feel for anyone who isn't getting a code for that reason. It's unacceptable.

Staredown: Ah well, this is GoG's first big screw up for me, and I've been here for over four years, so they haven't exactly burned through their entire reserve of good will with me.
There have only a few negligible bumps in the road for me and GOG, so likewise this is the first very disappointing event (unless you count that weird-arse promotion where GOG pretended the company had shut down and everyone had lost their games). But they made good on that mistake, and apologised to everyone, and learned from it. I don't care if a company makes mistakes. What I care about is how they deal with it afterward.

HypersomniacLive: I don't recall, was there a banner for this on the front page? And does GOG designate prices in Aussie dollars with just the dollar symbol ($)?
Yes and yes. I only have two options to display my prices in: USD and AUD, both of which are denoted by a $ symbol. (I assume people from other countries also only have two options: USD and their country's currency.)
HypersomniacLive: I don't recall, was there a banner for this on the front page? And does GOG designate prices in Aussie dollars with just the dollar symbol ($)?
Treehugger: Yes and yes. I only have two options to display my prices in: USD and AUD, both of which are denoted by a $ symbol. (I assume people from other countries also only have two options: USD and their country's currency.)
Ditto.

Not all countries get a choice. I have a friend in India for instance, and they only get USD. Which would suggest that is the standard for most countries.
HypersomniacLive: Yes, you said "on the forum", i.e. announcement threads. And yes, in those, prices are always listed in USD, and USD only.
An announcement thread, if I understand it correct, is in the Community Chat section, which is a kind of Forum, and thus not GOG proper, where people come to checkout & buy games. I suspect many avoid the Community section, or like me, eventually get around to it when you need to find more info about something or just have something to say.

Regardless, I see it as an extra area. And like I said, I wasn't in the habit of checking on prices there. I just relied on banners on the main page, and what I see when I go to any advertised game or sale page.

It is quite standard I believe, to visit the GOG main page, where you can see new announcements, and not need to visit the announcement pages & threads at all. At least, that is what I thought, until recently. Now I know I need to click on the links on the main GOG page (bottom left section), to go to the announcement page for any listed promotion I am interested in, to find out more detail. And from there, I could also go to the announcement (forum) thread, if I wanted to have my say or see what others have said.

P.S. I have been back through all my posts here, and I don't see anywhere where I said - "on the forum".
What I did say, was - All I ever see at GOG is Aussie Dollar prices, so I took all the banners etc all over the place at face value.
Post edited September 25, 2017 by Timboli
Timboli: Now I know I need to click on the links on the main GOG page (bottom left section), to go to the announcement page for any listed promotion I am interested in, to find out more detail.
No, you shouldn't have to. Using T&Cs as an escape for misleading advertising isn't right. If GOG was always in USD, then fine, nobody should get confused. I very much hope that everyone involved at GOG simply overlooked this.
I sent an inquiry to GOG on Friday, September 22, 7PM Pacific Time, (i.e., California).

I got a reply from GOG on Sunday, September 24, 11:42AM Pacific Time. The reply said:

>Hello,
>These codes were sent out before the weekend.
>Please check your spam/junk folder, if you can't find anything, please contact us again.
>
>Regards,
>Beta Ray Bill
>GOG.com Support

So, if you have not received the codes, (like I have not,) that means there was likely a problem.
Post edited September 25, 2017 by ktchong
Timboli: Now I know I need to click on the links on the main GOG page (bottom left section), to go to the announcement page for any listed promotion I am interested in, to find out more detail.
Treehugger: No, you shouldn't have to. Using T&Cs as an escape for misleading advertising isn't right. If GOG was always in USD, then fine, nobody should get confused. I very much hope that everyone involved at GOG simply overlooked this.
What I said, doesn't rescind what GOG should have done (or do), but it does give me (etc) another avenue for double checking.
I was told to wait until Monday for the thing I paid for weeks ago. It's now Monday and I still don't have the code GOG took my money for weeks ago.

I don't know if GOG, who's been completely silent on this, is monitoring these forums at all - but I've recommended GOG to friends several times in the past. That will never happen again.
Post edited September 25, 2017 by Freeneedles
So if I still didn't get anything support is unavoidable, right? What info do I need include in message?
Monday has come.

My codes have not.

At this point they should just fiat add the games to those accounts who haven't gotten their codes yet, at least those who spent over $15 and in theory got everything. You tried a new system GoG, it didn't work. Cut your losses so we can all move the fuck on.

meelten: So if I still didn't get anything support is unavoidable, right? What info do I need include in message?
Hm... at the very least you should include your order number (found in Orders and Settings). If you use the same email address to contact support as you use to log into GoG they can track that down, but don't make more work for support.
Staredown: Monday has come.

My codes have not.

At this point they should just fiat add the games to those accounts who haven't gotten their codes yet, at least those who spent over $15 and in theory got everything. You tried a new system GoG, it didn't work. Cut your losses so we can all move the **** on.
Seriously, I can't fathom the mentality behind the denial of already-purchased items at this point (and, further, by not even addressing this concern to customers directly). It seems like a reliable way to completely erode customer loyalty. I know that GoG has eaten through the all good will that it had built with me over the course of years with this one week of radio silence on how they took my money but didn't deliver a product.

Come on GoG... you used to be better than this. At least pretend you still are by having some PR rep come on and explain exactly what's going on and offer an apology.
Freeneedles: Seriously, I can't fathom the mentality behind the denial of already-purchased items at this point (and, further, by not even addressing this concern to customers directly). It seems like a reliable way to completely erode customer loyalty. I know that GoG has eaten through the all good will that it had built with me over the course of years with this one week of radio silence on how they took my money but didn't deliver a product.
Hey, don't worry. There is no denial! Support told everyone that batches with codes were still being sent out last week. so to only open a support request as of today, as support people weren't able to see which emails were still being sent out. There's a bunch of us who haven't received the codes - but of course we're going to get them. You can trust in gog for that. Open a new support request if you haven't yet, tell them how much you spent when (with order number), wait their 12-24 hour turnaround time, and I can't imagine anything other than receiving your code.

As for communication via the forum: This is the community forum. Users help each other here. But for official gog support, you go to the support section.
Yes, it'd be nice if there was official communication in the forum - but they just don't have enough people to do so, and it'd be far too easy for them to miss a question asked in the forum.
Timboli: An announcement thread, if I understand it correct, is in the Community Chat section, which is a kind of Forum, and thus not GOG proper, where people come to checkout & buy games. I suspect many avoid the Community section, or like me, eventually get around to it when you need to find more info about something or just have something to say.

Regardless, I see it as an extra area. And like I said, I wasn't in the habit of checking on prices there. I just relied on banners on the main page, and what I see when I go to any advertised game or sale page.

It is quite standard I believe, to visit the GOG main page, where you can see new announcements, and not need to visit the announcement pages & threads at all. At least, that is what I thought, until recently. Now I know I need to click on the links on the main GOG page (bottom left section), to go to the announcement page for any listed promotion I am interested in, to find out more detail. And from there, I could also go to the announcement (forum) thread, if I wanted to have my say or see what others have said.

P.S. I have been back through all my posts here, and I don't see anywhere where I said - "on the forum".
What I did say, was - All I ever see at GOG is Aussie Dollar prices, so I took all the banners etc all over the place at face value.
Actually no, announcement or News threads are the very announcements on the front page (under "HEADLINES") popped into the forum via a comment - if you open a newly added one, you'll see a button at the end, which reads "Add a comment" (or some such), and clicking on that button turns the announcement into a "News" forum thread, and the first comment is basically the first post in it.

So, you don't have to venture into the forum to read the announcement itself. You may, however, want to read posts made by GOG staffers - these are designated with a gear with an exclamation mark in it on the "General discussion" page(s), and clicking on it displays only those posts.

As for your P.S., you must have missed your post #196, which I quoted, highlighting the part containing the forum reference (it's in the very last line of your post). Anyway, not that important.

What's important is that since the currency symbol is the exact same for US and Aussie dollars (and I suspect for Canadian ones too), a banner listing USD on a front page that otherwise displays prices in one's local dollars-currency qualifies as false advertisement that will quite certainly mislead people.

Sha_n_Dra: Nope and yes... you only get one code, with that you are allowed to choose from the games you don't already own the number of games you are entitled to -> the owned titles are listed and marked as owned and cannot be chosen (so you own two games already, you can only choose the remaining unowned one.. owning all three, remaining choice: none).

Edit: Oops, damned HTML Mails .... haven't noticed that those empty boxes (I am not allowing external references to be loaded) above the green Button/Link in that mail (in german titled "Einlösen") were direct links/redeem codes for each on of the three titles - don't know what would have happened if I had chosen the title I already owned first via it's direct link.
The first part of your post states that one gets a single code that gets them only the game(s) they don't already own, yet the Edit-part makes it sound like there were three different codes in your email? Is it possible that all three links were for the same code? Can you check this, please?

gogtrial34987: [...] As for communication via the forum: This is the community forum. Users help each other here. But for official gog support, you go to the support section. [...]
I have to respectfully disagree with this. GOG uses the forum to make official announcements, whether they designate them as News threads or not, and post in News threads popped into the forum within their official capacity, either to provide additional info, clarify things, or answer questions. To say it's not an avenue they could or should use to officially communicate on this matter just doesn't hold up, imo.
Post edited September 25, 2017 by HypersomniacLive