It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
I don't mind the profiles, but they shouldn't have been set to public by default.

In the future, please include the option to reset or hide the times per game.
I really love the design!
Meh.
high rated
In addition to my previous post:

4) My activity feed shows the activity of users with private profiles. It should not.

5) The activities of users who have unfriended me (due to concerns about botched profile privacy) still appear on my activity feed. They should not.
tinyE: You do realize that with my profile being open, anyone here can go there and see that you "liked" a pic of Star Wars/Lego bondage? :P
nightcraw1er.488: Awww, you have no friends. Your going to get no likes at all.
EVERYONE IS MY FRIEND!

Having a friends list always felt kind of stuck up to me. Now with this stupid thing I have an excuse to get rid of it. Everyone is welcome, no invite or special designation required.

Well, wait, not that guy. Or that guy over there. Or that guy.
My god, who let all of this riffraff into the room!?

There' s one smoking a joint! And another with spots!

On second, thought, if I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!
tfishell: People who like the change are being downvoted on, at least, the first few pages? Why?! For sharing a difference of opinion? ffs...
keeveek: You must be new here xD

the term GOGlodytes didn't come from nowhere
Kek
Alexrd: I don't mind the profiles, but they shouldn't have been set to public by default.

In the future, please include the option to reset or hide the times per game.
Hey fellow HuniePop player! Or is it LSL:MCM? ;-)
I'm good with having a "profiles" entry here, but I would STRONGLY suggest that you break this apart from the "game library" feature in the user interface.

I want to be able to go straight to my game interface with a single click, not having to go into a drop-down menu, to get access to all that stuff. That's how it worked until this morning. But now, I have to pick from a drop-down to get to my library (and check on, and download, any updates I may have).

Please consider having "Profile" and "Library" be two separate top-level line entries, rather than folding them into the same drop-down. They really are separate concepts, and separate functions, after all.
low rated
There are full options to customize your visibility in privacy settings now. All is fixed.

And no, it wasn't civil asking. That was toxicity. Now you can hakuna your tatas.
high rated
CLBrown: I'm good with having a "profiles" entry here, but I would STRONGLY suggest that you break this apart from the "game library" feature in the user interface.

I want to be able to go straight to my game interface with a single click, not having to go into a drop-down menu, to get access to all that stuff. That's how it worked until this morning. But now, I have to pick from a drop-down to get to my library (and check on, and download, any updates I may have).

Please consider having "Profile" and "Library" be two separate top-level line entries, rather than folding them into the same drop-down. They really are separate concepts, and separate functions, after all.
Yes, please! A separate 'Profile' menu item would be welcome.

...and in that Profile menu, there should be a button "Delete Profile"! So that users, who don't want profiles have the option of deleting just the profile instead of their entire GOG account.
Does the "Hidden, No One Can See Me" option apply to just the profile or does it make you invisible in here?
high rated
The saddest thing here is GOG's total, utter lack of any response to the issues raised. It would be hard to trust any romise to fix things, that's true seeing how we're still waiting (what has it been, a year?) for the promised option to set classic installers as default, but still some reaction would be better than this dead, empty silence.

Instead of beeing seen as a "part of one big happy GOG family" I'd like to be a respected customer whose information is not shared publicly against his will.

I just can't condone this bullshit anymore. So much of our feedback on this got blatantly ignored, default setting were outright wrong, information wasn't sent to users in advancem resulting in people learning about the change from news sites or not at all. And now we can't even get a response about the fact that despite setting every option to the most private setting some info is still publicly visable. No resposne whatsoever, not to mention a fix of the issue. Even when directly asked about it (twice), GOG's PR representative here just outright ignored me.

So take a good look at that number of games in my library that everyone can see. Because as long as everyone can see it, that number is not going to change. I'm not going to buy a single, solitary game from GOG untill this is resolved. Not even with a 99% discount on my entire wishlist. A line has to be drawn somewhere. GOG has to do better.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by Breja
high rated
Breja: So take a good look at that number of games in my library that everyone can see. Because as long as everyone can see it, that number is not going to change. I'm not going to buy a single, solitary game from GOG untill this is resolved. Not even with a 99% discount on my entire wishlist. A line has to be drawn somewhere. GOG has to do better.
I've been wondering what my next step is as well, and I think that's a good solution. I can get behind this, so I'm making the same pledge. I don't want to take away the profiles for those who want it, but this is a store, I'm a customer, and I'd like my information to remain private, please. Maybe enough people holding off on future purchases will get a response. Are you paying attention, GOG? It'd be nice to hear from you since it's been over 24 hours now. There are over 700 games in my collection; there won't be another until this is addressed in an acceptable manner.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
Post edited April 24, 2018 by SpiderFighter
high rated
Breja: The saddest thing here is GOG's total, utter lack of any response to the issues raised. It would be hard to trust any romise to fix things, that's true seeing how we're still waiting (what has it been, a year?) for the promised option to set classic installers as default, but still some reaction would be better than this dead, empty silence.
^Word. I would at least liked to see some reaction. Even if it just was "We're following the discussion and thinking about what we'll do".
This silence is really depressing.

The thing is, I do even like the profile page (there's of course a lot of room for improvement) and would gladly share it, but as long as it leaks data on friends who don't want to be public I simply can't unblock it.
Chiteki: There are full options to customize your visibility in privacy settings now. All is fixed.
No. Nothing changed for me.