It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
SpiderFighter: I've been wondering what my next step is as well, and I think that's a good solution. I can get behind this, so I'm making the same pledge. I don't want to take away the profiles for those who want it, but this is a store, I'm a customer, and I'd like my information to remain private, please. Maybe enough people holding off on future purchases will get a response. Are you paying attention, GOG? It'd be nice to hear from you since it's been over 24 hours now. There are over 700 games in my collection; there won't be another until this is addressed in an acceptable manner.
Time to get some of the strange and interesting stuff from itch.io for a change, a lot is even "pay what you want"... I can really recommend Doki Doki Literature Club...
paladin181: Stupid question. Why is there no profile link from the friends screen on the GOG werbsite, or the chat screen? If I want to check out someone's profile who has sent me afriend request, I have to go the totally backwards route of opening another profile, or my own and putting their name in the proper place in the address bar. Seriously, did GOG think this through beyond "hey cool, let's do profiles!!"?
low rated
God almighty. I do not envy GOG with such a community. No wonder they don't communicate with you, alarmists - they literally can't say anything, because they'll get bombed anyway, you'll find for what.

The issue will be fixed within the next few updates updates, mark my words.
Chiteki: There are full options to customize your visibility in privacy settings now. All is fixed.
PaterAlf: No. Nothing changed for me.
I understand now, it's about those three numbers on top. Silly to the moon and back. But it'll too be fixed, surely.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by Chiteki
high rated
Breja: So take a good look at that number of games in my library that everyone can see. Because as long as everyone can see it, that number is not going to change. I'm not going to buy a single, solitary game from GOG untill this is resolved. Not even with a 99% discount on my entire wishlist. A line has to be drawn somewhere. GOG has to do better.
Dito. Not even a week ago, I had resolved to fill up my wallet come first of May. Won't do that now, obviously. Additionally, I've started downloading all of my games as a precaution in case something goes even further south (which I don't discount any more). As long as this mess isn't sorted, this account remains frozen.

To the dude that claimed that all is fixed: Nothing changed for me. I call bull.
high rated
Chiteki: God almighty. I do not envy GOG with such a community. No wonder they don't communicate with you, alarmists - they literally can't say anything, because they'll get bombed anyway, you'll find for what.
Seriously? Well they will have to put up with that I guess... All the peaceful consumer sheep are at Steam already. Only the oddballs come here...

But if there was a single blue post saying just "We're working on it" I bet it would be green within minutes...
Post edited April 24, 2018 by toxicTom
Chiteki: The issue will be fixed within the next few updates updates, mark my words.
PaterAlf:
Chiteki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1QKW3n9-rw
low rated
toxicTom: But if there was a single blue post saying just "We're working on it" I bet it would be green within minutes...
You'll have to excuse my scepticism, friend, but no, no it wouldn't. It will be red as Satan's own butt cheeks, and people will be replying and complaning, that it should have been that way from the start or whatnot.

Yes, downvote me to oblivion for unpopular opinion. That'll show me, to go against the majority.
high rated
tinyE: Does the "Hidden, No One Can See Me" option apply to just the profile or does it make you invisible in here?
Neither. It doesn't even hide the number of games you own.

Breja: I just can't condone this bullshit anymore. So much of our feedback on this got blatantly ignored, default setting were outright wrong, information wasn't sent to users in advancem resulting in people learning about the change from news sites or not at all. And now we can't even get a response about the fact that despite setting every option to the most private setting some info is still publicly visable. No resposne whatsoever, not to mention a fix of the issue. Even when directly asked about it (twice), GOG's PR representative here just outright ignored me.
Yes, and even support tickets are ignored. Not even an acknowledgement that they received the ticket. Nothing.

I guess the only way to actually get through to GOG regarding the importance of this point will be a court order. Because yes, as far as I know, sharing personal data without consent is illegal. At least in Germany (and I guess in the entire EU, but I'll have to check that).

Not buying any new games while the issue persists is also a logical choice. I'll do that as well. This way of not reacting at all to customer feedback and just sticking their fingers in their ears singing "Everything is awesome" is no business practice I want to condone.

@the Yay-sayers, before the screaming starts: No, I don't want to take away your precious profiles. Enjoy them. This is about GOGs behaviour, how they handle these profiles and the connected issues they screwed up (probably intentionally).
tinyE: Does the "Hidden, No One Can See Me" option apply to just the profile or does it make you invisible in here?
Lifthrasil: Neither. It doesn't even hide the number of games you own.

Breja:
Lifthrasil:
So it;s like that little button on the crosswalk that is supposed to change the light but isn't actually hooked up to anything?

AND WHOEVER IS DOWNVOTING Chiteki, STOP! Seriously. He/she is just naive.

First time he/she is promised something in two weeks and is still waiting for t three years later, we will receive our apologies.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by tinyE
high rated
Breja: So take a good look at that number of games in my library that everyone can see. Because as long as everyone can see it, that number is not going to change. I'm not going to buy a single, solitary game from GOG untill this is resolved. Not even with a 99% discount on my entire wishlist. A line has to be drawn somewhere. GOG has to do better.
SpiderFighter: I've been wondering what my next step is as well, and I think that's a good solution. I can get behind this, so I'm making the same pledge. I don't want to take away the profiles for those who want it, but this is a store, I'm a customer, and I'd like my information to remain private, please. Maybe enough people holding off on future purchases will get a response. Are you paying attention, GOG? It'd be nice to hear from you since it's been over 24 hours now. There are over 700 games in my collection; there won't be another until this is addressed in an acceptable manner.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
I have come to the same conclusion suggested by Breja and you, and it has already been suggested yesterday by gog user MIK0 - as long as they (gog) do not address this issue I will not buy another game here. I might take this one step further and - if by May 25th the issue has not been solved - file a formal complaint with the European Union (I know, I know, please let's not start a discussion about THEM here now, but consider that at least they have made google delete or at least suppress search results for customers who complained about being found with their search engines. If they can handle google, they should be able to swat gog like a fly). They make a big issue out of all their new data protection and privacy laws so let's give them a nice playground to test these new laws.

And for what it's worth: I have opened a ticket with support more than 24 hours ago and not received any reply until now, just checked my e-mail again.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by RainbowDragon
Just in case you missed that - If votes are so important to GOG, vote for privacy:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
Post edited April 24, 2018 by dyscode
Chiteki: You'll have to excuse my scepticism, friend, but no, no it wouldn't. It will be red as Satan's own butt cheeks, and people will be replying and complaning, that it should have been that way from the start or whatnot.

Yes, downvote me to oblivion for unpopular opinion. That'll show me, to go against the majority.
We will found out, if a blue dares to enter here.

As for downvoting, I never downvote posts for different opinion. I only if the poster is insulting - and then even if I'm generally agreeing with their point.
tinyE: AND WHOEVER IS DOWNVOTING Chiteki, STOP! Seriously. He/she is just naive.
Haha, it's why I stopped posting here years ago. I use to try to help and post guides and stuff, but people would downvote me because I wasn't like them *shrug*. Enough of that, I went back into my cave to be alone.
low rated
tinyE: AND WHOEVER IS DOWNVOTING Chiteki, STOP! Seriously. He/she is just naive.

First time he/she is promised something in two weeks and is still waiting for three years later, we will receive our apologies.
Actually, I don't really care about three numbers on top of my private profile, they mean nothing without additional info. And don't forget that no one addressed the issue officially. I'm saying from my own experience from dealing with companies. I'm just saddened to see how unjust people can be for the most miniscule things. Yes, for that, you can indeed call me naive.

I was of much, much higher opinion of this community. My own expectations and false assumptions betrayed me.
Lifthrasil: Yes, and even support tickets are ignored. Not even an acknowledgement that they received the ticket. Nothing.
I got the [Request received] mail for my ticket (about profiles leaking data on "hidden" friends) last night 23:14 (CET)... AFAIK you get the receipt when someone actually has a look at the ticket. They're probably swamped right now... serves them right though.