It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pick from a selection of great games to unlock them!

This Week we're mixing things up: not only is there a vast selection of deals up to -85% to choose from, but spending money on them will score you more games for FREE!

There are three free games to unlock: Choose between Kyn, Tropico Reloaded, and Breach and Clear: Deadline Rebirth. The more you spend, the more games you get – spend $5 to pick one game, $10 for two games, and $15 to grab all three. If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents, with the exceptions of RUB, BRL, and CNY. Just remember that only purchases from this Weekly Sale are eligible.
Easy, right?

Now which games to buy, then? With so many good choices, that's going to be a tad more challenging, but we're here to help.
Fans of tactical gameplay should look no further than The Banner Saga or Hard West, whose delicious narrative perfectly envelops their crunchy turn-based core. If you prefer building and managing, it's probably a good time to discover the Tropico series, Dungeons 2, Port Royale, or Grand Ages: Medieval. For more out-of-the-box experiences, make sure to check out Oh Sir!...The Insult Simulator, Zombie Night Terror, Pathologic Classic HD, and the fiendishly fun Antihero, among others.

Both the Weekly Sale and the unlockables offer will last until September 18, 4 PM UTC.
All the purchases you complete throughout the sale will be calculated by us once it is over and count towards your free games.
The free games will be distributed via email starting on Tuesday, September 19th.
You'll get to pick the games of your choice through that same email.
Timboli: Just got my email with the REDEEM button, that took me to the Redeem page, where the two freebies I wanted, were displayed ...... I had the 3rd already, so it wasn't present.
Lemon_Curry: Really? I thought they would offer you a gift code in that case.
Indeed.
GOG.com: If you're not paying in USD, these tiers are adjusted to your currency equivalents
Treehugger: WTF? I picked my games based upon a giant bloody banner saying, "Get 3 games for FREE by spending $15." I spent over $18 and now I've been emailed a code that's only good for two games. Even if it had said "$15 USD", how am I supposed to know what exchange rate to use in the instant of my purchase?

Anyway, I raised a support ticket, asking them to remedy my code. I'll update when they reply.
Yep.
Good on ya.

Clearly, if we were from somewhere like Britain, and we always saw prices in Pounds, then seeing Dollars would obviously mean American Dollars, and so we would have been under no illusion what $15 meant.

As AUS is one of the few places that also uses dollars, it was probably an oversight not to use USD text for us at least, as we see Aussie dollars everywhere else on the forum ... without AUD next to the price.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Timboli
Timboli: As AUS is one of the few places that also uses dollars, it was probably an oversight not to use USD text for us at least, as we see Aussie dollars everywhere else on the forum ... without AUD next to the price.
This. ↑
If it'd said USD, I might've thought to switch to USD instead. However, that's still annoying and unwieldy at least, and dodgy at best.
Also, some other currencies, not just dollars, use the $ sign.
Ok, redeem code now received (it was send this morning)...
Btw. for the discussion above about the thresholds in various currencies -> In the Promo Mail I received from GoG for that sale those where given in my chosen currency (Yeah, yeah... subscriptions again...).
Still no code - though I did get an email asking if I was satisfied with my support ticket despite nothing having been resolved.

I completely abandoned Steam in favor of GOG because it seemed like they cared more about good will with the users. The complete disregard and poor communication from GOG on this has me rethinking that.
Lemon_Curry: Really? I thought they would offer you a gift code in that case.
Timboli: Indeed.
Great, so it's yet another thing they failed to announce properly. They promise you 3 'free' games for spending the requisite amount but won't deliver on said promise if you already own at least 1 of those games.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Freeneedles: Still no code - though I did get an email asking if I was satisfied with my support ticket despite nothing having been resolved.

I completely abandoned Steam in favor of GOG because it seemed like they cared more about good will with the users. The complete disregard and poor communication from GOG on this has me rethinking that.
Same situation here, not happy with the lack of communication, and this subscription nonsense: they have my email already, why should I subscribe to anything to receive my codes? it definitely reminds me of many commercial annoying websites wanting me to click small checkboxes to spam me with their newsletters and third-party offers.

Also, different sales overlapping... What about finishing neatly a sale then starting a new one and avoid this mess?

So, I've been waiting 3 days for something I paid and that should have arrived immediately if they knew how to manage their database. I'm supposed to have fun with games, not stressing out and contacting a support to be sure I'll receive my goods.

Dissatisfied and disappointed with GOG on this one, they are more and more similar to any platforms out there, I will reassess my stance like exclusively buying from GOG and saying good words about them. And all that for so-called "gifts", the irony.
Timboli: Clearly, if we were from somewhere like Britain, and we always saw prices in Pounds, then seeing Dollars would obviously mean American Dollars, and so we would have been under no illusion what $15 meant.
Actually with the pricing being set on the border, the fluctuating exchange rates mean that some games and combinations where above the thresholds on some days of the sale and below on others. Do GOG go by the exchange rate at the time of purchase, at the end of trading that day, at the start or end of the sale or the rate that was in force at the last price adjustment?
EndlessWaves: the rate that was in force at the last price adjustment?
Rate at the time of the last price adjustment. Which does mean that you may be able to get some games a few cents cheaper if you are willing to change currencies, assuming your bank doesn't have a charge for foreign currency transactions.
paladin181: That's cute. You think GOG has a planning phase for these things.
I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Timboli: [...] As AUS is one of the few places that also uses dollars, it was probably an oversight not to use USD text for us at least, as we see Aussie dollars everywhere else on the forum ... without AUD next to the price.
[emphasis added]

Are you saying that any prices mentioned in announcements (threads) are in Aussie dollars when that's your set currency?
EndlessWaves: Actually with the pricing being set on the border, the fluctuating exchange rates mean that some games and combinations where above the thresholds on some days of the sale and below on others. Do GOG go by the exchange rate at the time of purchase, at the end of trading that day, at the start or end of the sale or the rate that was in force at the last price adjustment?
Seems pretty clear to me it should be time of purchase, as that is what you would have been basing your purchases on .... but who knows how they do it.
HypersomniacLive: Are you saying that any prices mentioned in announcements (threads) are in Aussie dollars when that's your set currency?
When I said everywhere else, I am talking about the usual places I visit and check - Wishlist, Game Pages, Sales Pages, Game List Pages and the Main GOG Page. And also in the emails I regularly get.

By announcement threads, I guess you are talking about those like the current one I am in. Until recently I had not been in the habit of visiting them much or being guided (noticing even) the prices in them. But going by what recently happened, perhaps they only show USD prices in them?

So in short, I have been going by the prices on those places I mentioned, some of which, like the Main GOG page, have banners with prices, that to the best of my knowledge have always been in AUD. I've certainly not come across pricing discrepancies before now, when I have made an actual purchase ... and I have made many purchases here (over 200) since May 2017.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Timboli
Timboli: Yep.
Good on ya.

Clearly, if we were from somewhere like Britain, and we always saw prices in Pounds, then seeing Dollars would obviously mean American Dollars, and so we would have been under no illusion what $15 meant.

As AUS is one of the few places that also uses dollars, it was probably an oversight not to use USD text for us at least, as we see Aussie dollars everywhere else on the forum ... without AUD next to the price.
I see everything in CDN but I know when they state 'dollars' in an announcement or in those banners, they're talking USD. It could certainly be clearer for those not familiar with how GOG announces things though.
RhythmicTuning: They really did change things up this time around.

Not sure, when before you spent the eligible amount and the bonus games came almost instantly.

Who knows, to be sure...
Perhaps they will use this as an opportunity to improve their free game programs.
In previous sales they even had a nice counter in place which always told you how much money you had spent and how many of the games you already had unlocked. This sale with all the uncertainty and confusion clearly is a regression.

Freeneedles: Still no code - though I did get an email asking if I was satisfied with my support ticket despite nothing having been resolved.
Same for me.

r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: Same situation here, not happy with the lack of communication, and this subscription nonsense: they have my email already, why should I subscribe to anything to receive my codes? it definitely reminds me of many commercial annoying websites wanting me to click small checkboxes to spam me with their newsletters and third-party offers.
With the difference that GOG has "optimized" this system even more. They still spam you with advertisement even when you are not subscribed, but refuse to send you codes for unlocked games.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by eiii
Just thought I'd post a small update. ^_^U

I rechecked the code that I received and it turns out that, although I had spent over $15 during the weekly sale, the code was good for only two of the three free games.

Don't get me wrong, I got some great deals during that sale (and this is the first 'oversight' that I've ever had with GOG) but it's still something that I hope can be resolved. ^_^

In any event, I'm going to wait and see what happens with Treehugger before I do anything else.

May the corporate DRuM, one day, become silent.
ChainsawGenie: I just checked my email and got a code to, apparently, redeem all three games.

I know that I'll enjoy Tropico Reloaded but I was hoping to give Kyn and Breach & Clear Deadline Rebirth to another GOG user. ^_^U

Or are they still enjoyable despite their flaws?
I think you can give it to another person, on the redeem page it said something about cancelling and not continue if you plan on giving to another user, Maybe someone has more info.